• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

backfrompaint.jpg

backfrompaint2.jpg

Okay, before anyone asks--- this is flat paint! It's "Hot Rod Flatz" Rust Pearl. In the sun you can see the gold pearl and it looks better in the sun. So, after a couple days of curing I will be slinging this back together. My tube grill and tailight housings are in the chrome shop. So the next pic's you see will be pretty much a done truck other than interior.

do you plan on rhino liner for inside the bed or are your plans for an upohlstered/carpet bed liner?

I will use the same raptor liner that I sprayed underneath it's a pro use bedliner.

Pretty cool. You going to drop is a little lower or keep this height? I've thought about doing a chop on my 620, but I'm waiting till I pick up another one. Keep it up! :thumbup:

I want pull another leaf to get the rear wheel well just to cover the very top of the tire.I want a slight rake. If you ever do chop one, get an extra cab and doors to do it right. It was a hella lotta work to get that profile (I used 3 tops for mine).

Thanks, guy's, Im feelin better and goin back to work on the 18th. I'm having my windshield delivered ,cut,and installed tomorrow.I'm preppin the bed for a bedliner coat and then I'll start assembly.Hope to hit the streets in a few weeks!

Got some more done today. Sould have my windshield back from the glass shop next week then it's all down hill! I'm still waiting on an altenator bracket for a FAIR price.Anyone got a l-20b 3 bolt ? lemme know, Thanks Moody.

bedsandedSmall.jpg

bedsealedSmall.jpg

This bed lining makes a huge difference! Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

My garage is way cooler today. Got "El Tiki diablo" some company. Glass guy came out to install the windshield today and the glass was about 3/8" to tall, back to his shop to trim.He might be back on monday.I sure hope so.

12.jpg

• Like 1

"Very nice project.I like you idea"

Thank you, but it wasn't my idea completley. This truck was chopped when I got it (very poorly) . And, people have done this to these trucks for a very long time. I just wanted to do mine "Better"..

2eDeYe' timestamp='1340979618' post='710213']

Looks great!

Interior needs a bit of dusting though. :lol:

Yeah, the photo really enhances the condition of the interior--well,the lack there of interior. It will get fluffed enough to cruise it until I get the scratch to cover everything.It's a progress shot.Dusty is allowed!

do you plan on running with the 510 bucket seats that are in it now?

Those are actually stock 620 king cab seats.(not 510) They bolt right in , and yes, I will be using those.I am 5-11 and can fit in and see well considering the chop.

They ( seats) came out of a 620,(king cab) they bolted in, and fit like they were made for a 620. They probably shared the design across the board on models in those days to be cost efficient.I don't care about any of that crap.It's my cruiser.I just do what I like as long as it's period style.It's just a toy.