Introduction & my Custom 620

MOODSTER

Got my chrome on saturday morning (Thanks, Derek) and started slingin it on. I need to make a top filler for the grill, other than that it's perfect.The new turn signals in front and the new tail lights in chrome housings make a HUGE difference. The SWDP BBQ is comin fast, TIC- TOC!!!!!

chrome3Small.jpg

chrome2Small.jpg

chrome4Small.jpg

chrome1Small.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did u buy the tail housings chromed or did u have them chromed yourself? I have chrome ones but i cant find a place that makes new ones. i would love to have a spare set as i love them so dang much haha

I had my stock ones chromed.I don't know that anyone is selling new chrome ones, Iv'e seen the primer metal repops for sale.

Yeah for sure. Cool cool. I got mine on accident lol. Took acetone to the ones that came on my truck to repaint then and boom! Chrome underneath! I was so amped cause I had ben looking for chrome ones for so long lol

• Like 1

:thumbup: cool

Talk about kicking it old school.good job

Excellent ! ! !

Thanks guy's. I don't think it would be worth the effort without the encouragement from fellow "Old School Freaks!!!"

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I was reflecting back on where I started a year ago,and the ups n downs in my life since then.3 job changes and periods of unemployment, losing a sister, having a heart attack, etc.

My wife,this project, and my good friends are what keep me goin. Here is where we started.

1974datsunchopped.jpg

Again, thanks for the encouragement! Hope to see a good turnout at the SWDP BBQ again this year and hope you all dig "El Tiki Diablo" as much as I do.

On the street again for the first time in almost a year! My bro Kiwi came by in his chopped 39 Ford p/u so we had some fun! I still need my exhaust , wiring the lights, and then some interior work, but today is a milestone!

dragginwkiwiSmall.jpg

Not exactly a drag race.

choppedfriendsSmall.jpg

soaking up some sunshine.

NiceassSmall.jpg

Nice ass, but I need to bring her down about 2 more inches.

Okay, got some shit done today; Temporary interior. Full insulation.The Rubber mat, door panels, kick panels and trinkets donated from the "Barn Find 73 stepside". I installed a salvaged center console and new seatbelts ( yes, they are orange!) I need to complete a few more things but the blanket-- covers the torn king cab buckets, and its a good makeshift dash pad. We need to dial in a few more things and get the exhaust completed, then pinstriping and a Tiki on the tailgate to complete "El Tiki Diablo"

int1Small.jpg

dashmat1Small.jpg

Sunday,

Broke my key off in the ignition switch.

Pulled my rear (right) drum to find the brake shoe linings had divorced themselves from the shoes!

Found that my left side drum had bolts broken off in the removal holes.

Found that I have a broken terminal wire inside the connector on my v-regulator.

Found that my new polished valve cover may be a polished "Turd" It leaks like a sieve.

Found that I left my "crimping" tool at work.

I have a deadline.These one step forward, two steps back, are killin me!

Three weeks to go--TIC-TOC!!!!!!!!!