Introduction & my Custom 620

MOODSTER

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be hard to sleep tonight, Derek and I dropped "El Tiki Diablo" off at "California Design" in Norco Ca, for the full monte!

I gave Dave some basic ideas for the striping, but he has full artistic licence and he had an evil grin on his face when we left (LOL). We'll go pick it up tomorrow after work.I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the props everyone! It has been a long year.I have a few more task to complete this weekend (Brake work, stripped lug nuts, carb tuning) but, I am looking forward to alot of cruising and just sittin with a cold one looking at it! I have some future plans for my stereo installation , interior work, door windows, etc, but I am pretty much done for now. Me n my bro's are all gonna be spending some time with each other and our 620's,

rollin "Primo" style!!!

Looks great, diggin on the new logo and art work...!!

got a question for ya,,, Are your door windows glass or Lexani (plexiglass) My buddy up here in Seattle dug a old scholl chop top out of the weeds not to long ago. The side windows are plastic, and I know I have seen them glass.. If your are glass do yu have any advice on how to make them fit..thx

Looks great, diggin on the new logo and art work...!!

got a question for ya,,, Are your door windows glass or Lexani (plexiglass) My buddy up here in Seattle dug a old scholl chop top out of the weeds not to long ago. The side windows are plastic, and I know I have seen them glass.. If your are glass do yu have any advice on how to make them fit..thx

My plan is 1/8 th inch tempered glass (it will bend) in bent ( to follow curve) brass frames that are chrome plated. This will work. Most early "Hardtop" cars (two doors) (some four doors) had no post or pillars.The glass typically had a chrome frame around it for the supprt it needed to stay ridgid. It's the better of the two choices because polycarbonite (plastic) will scratch too easy.I also have power window kits, so ease of operation is crucial!

what shocks are you runnin?

also, ive been wantin to post this up for you

igjc08.jpg

its a shift knob from mooneyes called 'tiki'

never posted it cuz its sold out. still is.

im sure you could find another tiki shift knob IF you WANTED

what shocks are you runnin?

also, ive been wantin to post this up for you

igjc08.jpg

its a shift knob from mooneyes called 'tiki'

never posted it cuz its sold out. still is.

im sure you could find another tiki shift knob IF you WANTED

I have kyb in front and my rears are some very old Monroes that will be replaced.I v'e seen those shift knobs ( hot rod swapmeet item) they look cool, but suck to drive with. Im looing for a cool round one.

This is the first photo of the trucks that will start the resurection of the long gone So Cal mini truck club, "Primo". Derek (yellow walk through) his brother-Dana, (white flared single cab)Super Harry, (blue with black hood) and my "El Tiki Diablo" We will be looking to add locals to come cruise with us.All Pre 1984 Minis are welcome ( period style only please) Hope to see some old minis dug out and driven!!!!

ps2Small.jpg

4thestartSmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Moody great to see you last weekend @ the bbq. The 620 looks amazing with so many mods done to it :thumbup:

Heres a link to the dash cap we were discussing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-73-74-75-76-77-79-DATSUN-620-PICKUP-DASH-CAP-FULL-/110924251928?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d399c318