Banzai's 521

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Hainzs post on the Realm:

Many you guys know me for my Beat Banzai Rising sun 510 and my yellow 510 convert(which I should sell from the lack of use)

But for the most part my daily driver for the last 10years has been this 521.

I recently pulled the motor again(4th time) for of all things a bad front Trans seal. With the help of Icehouse(Jeff Hino),Datto510(Eric) and datzenmike. I got it back on the road a few weeks ago. The swap was waiting on the front seal as nobody had them. Got it from Younkers in Renton,Wa and they said they had 4 in Alabama. I got all 4.

Put my 40k mile block back on with the modded U67 head and weber 38/38.

recent addition was the SPEC stage 1 clutch. part # SN201. Going by the pdeal pressure its stiffer than the Roadster in my 510s but the guy from SPEC says its 1100pounds compared to the Roadsters 1400. Anyway they are about 220$ which is abit much as the Roadster P/P is cheaper from nissanparts.cc But last time I cked on a Roadster p/p they were out of stock and dont know if getting anymore so this might be the next best replacement for the 200mm flywheels.

P1000682-1.jpg

P1000716.jpg

P1000716.jpg

Photos

SPEC Clutch

P1000684-1.jpg

P1000683-1.jpg

My 2 payed low wage Helpers I got from the Millionaire Club

Icehouse(Jeff Hino) datto510(Eric)

P1000677-1.jpg

Damn Hainz! That lil truck is Str8! :thumbup: Love the whites on there. Looks like an old mans truck till it passes you in a cloud of Datsun dust :w00t: Thanks for sharin :thumbup:

damn hainz that is legit. did you use 3 or 4 in. lowering blocks? also, how do you like the 38/38 weber? I have a 32/36 and was thinking about upgrading to the 38/38.

:thumbup:

It was a flat white. NOT GLOSSY

I was going to go glossy cause I thought the flat wasnt good enough. But it was like 1.99 a can. should have put another coat as everything look good on the internet dig photos.

Got me some USA made Cooper Trensetters fro Easy- Tire at 67$apc

Hope its good for awhile.

I really hate working on 521s myself. Not s EZ as a 510 when it comes to pulling trans or motors and weird sizes SAE and Metric

the dors are staring to rust thru, floorboards are shot inside ,but its been a good daily drivertruck

Hainz I love the look......are those stock steelies? what size tires? Ive been looking around a lot to give my self a vision of what my truck will look like when I paint. I am really liking that color with those dishes though.