What did YOU??? bring back from Canby?

datzenmike

A years worth of memories. I ran into Figbuck but could not remember the name. I knew I knew him right off but couldn't get it out, sorry man, but it was good to see you and shoot the shit. MKlotz yelled out across the paddock: "Hey Mike!!! I have that magazine for you!" That got a few turned heads, lolz. Kevin good to meet you at last. Jeff you are in real life just like on the phone, funny/excited/infectious. Were it not for you, damn few of us would have been there and I wouldn't have a place to pour out all the Datsun in my head. Ted, glad to put a face to the name. Don, thanks for the MRE and the lolz. Jennifer.... good things do come in small packages.:) Brian enjoy your block, good to see you again. Angie, nice to meet you and see Steve. Chester good to meet you, wide 1 4 U in fact all the Idahoans, you guys rock. Matt we've known each other for what 4-5 years? more? good to see you and many thanks for the time to get and bring those parts down. Laecaon, nice car and attitude. It was a pleasure talking with you. Izzo (not H2theizzo) good to see you again, farmer, newoldman, datwify, and others (you know who you are I sadly just can't remember all the names) INDY, Dave you both do it for the lolz. and it doesn't go un-noticed. Slowdat.... thank-you. Skunk and jassifrass thanks for being our collective 'hub' we could rally around in the Ratsun compound. A sort of family kitchen table. Dave Bothwell, thanks for having us all over to 'your place'. To everyone I bumped into, spoke to or nodded to thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stickers, got some shirts for the kids and moar stickerz!! Looked for some main bearings for my L16 but couldn't find any for stock crank that hadn't been ground on :( Oh well.

Met lotsa people, nice to put faces to the screen names. Made some new friends and got more memories than I can remember :D

speeding were we??

(edit)

HAHA! I thought i was being all smart and shit cuz i flipped the monitor upside down and zoomed in but you had already posted you got those in somebodies status update..

timing fail.

Other than the absurd amount of memories of funny shit, and great people, we brought a few things home for ourselves.

W53 head

IMG_3462.jpg

Valve cover, headlight rings, exhaust manifold, L18 pistons, some bearings, and head gaskets (all from Izzo's Santa Clause aka a1machinista1), as well as another stereo from Tdaaj, and some side marker light lenses from 79D50

IMG_3461.jpg

And, a fender and manifold flange from Klotz

IMG_3466.jpg

And, from Atom, we got a cute little bezel for the ignition switch in our 510 that matches his 510's paint color! :wub:

IMG_3464.jpg

Oh, where to begin... I bought the stuff from hobbes already. I only bought one door for 20 bux, all the rest of this stuff was free.

Got these lights for free! Paid 4 bucks for 3 stickers.

DSCF0318.jpg

Bought these from Hobbes, and some cool fog lights but forgot to take a pic of those. Thanks to broadster and datwifey for bringing them to canby for me.

DSCF0319.jpg

Traded a 68 heater box for a 69 - Free

DSCF0320.jpg

Bearings, 10 and 20 over, rod bearings .10 over i think. ill have to look up the part number - Free

DSCF0321.jpg

L18 40 over rings, turn signal light, two chain guides, wagon door trim, two cam sprockets, oil pump gasket. - free

DSCF0322.jpg

Hood - Free (thanks again corace)

DSCF0323.jpg

Decent interior panels, will be cleaning and painting black with some correct paint for this material - Free

DSCF0324.jpg

Another interior panel, and two head gaskets - free

DSCF0325.jpg

These two doors, free. Mintish condition. Straight, good, no rust, THE RUBBER IS LIKE NEW... - free

DSCF0326.jpg

Paid 20 for this, this is like new also. rubber is like new on it - $20

DSCF0327.jpg

Wagon rocker trim, free

DSCF0328.jpg

Valves - Free

DSCF0329.jpg

Moar valves - Free

DSCF0330.jpg

thermostat housing, free. license plate light - free, valve seals, free!

DSCF0331.jpg

Connecting rod studs, free!

DSCF0332.jpg

Also not pictured is another 69 wagon antenna, along with a bumper, some other misc parts. All free.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

I only bought one door for 20 bux, all the rest of this stuff was free.

Got these lights for free!

Bearings, 10 and 20 over, rod bearings .10 over i think. - Free

L18 40 over rings, turn signal light, two chain guides, wagon door trim, two cam sprockets, oil pump gasket. - free

Hood - Free (thanks again corace)

Decent interior panels, will be cleaning and painting black with some correct paint for this material - Free

Another interior panel, and two head gaskets - free

These two doors, free. Mintish condition. Straight, good, no rust, THE RUBBER IS LIKE NEW... - free

Wagon rocker trim, free

Valves - Free

Moar valves - Free

thermostat housing, free. license plate light - free, valve seals, free!

Connecting rod studs, free!

Also not pictured is another 69 wagon antenna, along with a bumper, some other misc parts. All free.

Everyone on Ratsun hating because you made out like a bandit- Priceless.

I scored only two items.

First i found a pair of 200sx vg30 exhaust manifolds that have been ceramic coated. $5. :D

Thanks for passing these up Jester. :D

Second, i bought a front suspension crossmember for a 510 that already has vg30 mounts welded on it. $3. :D And i dont even have a 510.

EDIT: And two Ratsun.net sticker that were slipped into my truck during the awards ceremony. Pretty sure it was Steve(redeye) or Jes(Jester). Thank you for the stickers.

I scored only two items.

First i found a pair of 200sx vg30 exhaust manifolds that have been ceramic coated. $5. :D

Second, i bought a front suspension crossmember for a 510 that already has vg30 mounts welded on it. $3. :D And i dont even have a 510.

I saw that and almost got it, for 3 bucks can't go wrong haha..

Got a few treasures at the meet this weekend.

First off, I snagged this 521 metal filler neck(Thanks Mklotz), and these knobs, along with a not pictured 610 grill emblem(Thanks DrewsDime).

Photo1590.jpg

Also picked up these brass license plate frames(Thanks again, DrewsDime).

Photo1588.jpg

Came up on a 610 clock and 1/4 window for a coupe, along with the regulator(Thanks HRH).

Last but certainly not least, I scored this NOS 73 610 Radiator(Thanks a ton 67411sss)! A score of scores!

Photo1586.jpg

The guy was such a stand up fella that he threw in this NOS accelerator linkage boot with it.

Photo1587.jpg

All great guys, all good product, I recommend dealings with each of them if possible. Good stuff.

Well all I brought home were stickers, which was badass! And I got rid of almost everything I had to sell. Except the 300zx light pods with motors. Those came home with me. Couldn't even give them away! :) Poor '85 Z owners don't appear to represent much.

Well all I brought home were stickers, which was badass! And I got rid of almost everything I had to sell. Except the 300zx light pods with motors. Those came home with me. Couldn't even give them away! :) Poor '85 Z owners don't appear to represent much.

If you want I can send some 85 z mud flaps to go with your light pods