Canby 2012: Are we there yet?

wildmaninid

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoneWolf

Thanks Ron1200... It's my first time going to Canby this year aswell... It would be cool if there was a nice printable page for the Canby 2012..it will help me at the Customs Boarder...If I had a Canby 2012 "banner page" I could print it off my computer... it would be easy to show the Boarder Guard where I'm going :-) The Ratsun Club from Marysville/Arlington had one when I met up with them at Carl's Junior...I printed it off the computer and showed the Customs Boarder where I was going and he let me threw no problem.

Thanks Ron1200... It's my first time going to Canby this year aswell... It would be cool if there was a nice printable page for the Canby 2012..it will help me at the Customs Boarder...If I had a Canby 2012 "banner page" I could print it off my computer... it would be easy to show the Boarder Guard where I'm going :-) The Ratsun Club from Marysville/Arlington had one when I met up with them at Carl's Junior...I printed it off the computer and showed the Customs Boarder where I was going and he let me threw no problem.

It`s all on the Datsunsnw.org web page ...

click this it`s PDF so you should be able to print it right off

http://datsunsnw.org...lHalfPoster.pdf

ALSO i have a couple aluminum rims i need the lip polished on ...can i bring them and have you guys do it for me.??

ALSO i have a couple aluminum rims i need the lip polished on ...can i bring them and have you guys do it for me.??

It's a 3 day event right??? .... bring at least 3 rims .... .. I'm getting all 3 of my cars finished at this years Canby

...... bring some plastic sheeting to make a paint booth under the bleachers ..... :lol:

they really that difficult at the north boarder?

or do they just really bored?

They actually can be quite a pain in the ass (and yes, I'm sure it can depend on who you get, how busy they are, etc). Washington has an "enhanced ID" that you can pay more to obtain with an RFID chip in it that allows us to cross the boarder without a passport. It's supposed to help make it smoother, yadda, yadda, yadda...... yeah, it's bullshit. We were up there in January of 2011 and on our way back into WA (with our enhanced ID's) and we still had to pull to the side, get out of the car, have it fully searched and wait an additional 45 minutes or so until they were satisfied. We don't go up to Canada often, but we went a bit when we lived here in the early 2000s before going to California for 5 years, and we got hassled numerous times then as well. We've had issues and lengthy delays probably 3 out of 5 times that we've crossed. Not that we have anything to worry about with the searches, but it's just more of a nuisance than anything and gets old after a bit. The best part is, we have yet to have an issue getting INTO Canada, only coming back :lol:
Guest LoneWolf

Thanks Bananahamuck...printed out beautifully... and Skib, I think(I guess) it really all depends on the actual booth guy your dealing with...if he likes Datsuns, then its no problem :-)...I rather just be prepared and have all have my documentation to where I'm going along with DL and Passport... I don't want to get rejected on Friday morning when I'm driving to Oregon for the Canby Event.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

It's a 3 day event right??? .... bring at least 3 rims .... .. I'm getting all 3 of my cars finished at this years Canby

...... bring some plastic sheeting to make a paint booth under the bleachers ..... :lol:

:w00t: :rofl:

i dare you :poke:

• Like 1

:lol:

Guest LoneWolf

Hi everyone, I was just looking to book my hotel in Canby Oregon but there is only one Hotel there...anyways I guess my question is more directed to Oregon residents...do you think Wilsonville Oregon is too far away from Canby Oregon...because there is way more selection of Hotels in Wilsonville(that's why I'm asking)...I believe I have to cross a river to get to Canby...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Every morning my youngest daughter asks how many more days until Canby Dad.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

And every morning she calls the front seat in the white 510, makes her big sister sit in the back :rofl:

• Like 2