Canby 2012: Are we there yet?

wildmaninid

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck man. With Al welding (or any) pascience, trial and error until you find your groove, seems to be the key. That tranny wasn't too heavy on my side, just happy we got it loaded without destroying anything :)

Looks like fun.

Befor I got my 510 I was seeing pics from Shasta. I wanted to drive a datsun there so bad. I actualy planed a trip up the coast that included a stop at the Shasta show (we pulled up in our 91 honda accord, I felt like such an outsider). Now that I have my car I would love to make the long trip to Canby. Next year?

Looks like the R1 carbs are growing in popularity. They are good carbs, and EZ to tune.

wow that stuff is really cool. does it leave any residue or cause any harm to the paint? I wonder how long till u see guys driving to car shows with that shit on the front to avoid rock chips. then pealing it off before the show. I have seen ppl blue painters tape the entire front of their car to avoid chips on their paint when driving long distances to a show.

I was using it as a clipboard work surface. I like being rough with the trunk lid, so first I covered the whole trunk, then cut it in half as it began to break down over a few months. The product is called Plasti-Dip and it comes in White and Black. Wow, now they have Gunmetal Grey, Orange and Blue, Hot Pink, Green, Yellow, and RED! Check out www.dipyourcar.com. Places like Homedepot and Lowes, and others just sell Black. I wouldn't mind spraying it with orange or blue. Now that'd be a costly temp paint job. I learned the finer points of how to use the product via youtube videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR14nrlJxZc

• Like 1