HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah legally its alright, morally, not much I guess.

What I'm trying to say is that me and my dad arnt seeing eye to eye on the repair plan.

He wants to pound the dent out And slap bondo on it and call it good. I want to replace the tail light panel and use some of the leftover money for the KA swap I had planned this winter. And maybe some nice rims. Nooope.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... 510 is being fixed. :D of course not as planned, but whatever I'll take care of it later.

But now 240sx decided to die lol. as I was driving I noticed that I get a couple of kicks as If I let the clutch out too soon, then I mashed on the throttle and it would keep its rpm, but slowly go down. then it started bucking and I stopped and it died. luckily I was right next to my house.

After getting it out of traffic, I tried starting it, and it would crank endlessly but the whole engine would shake violently, and the whole care would move side to side. So I thought to my self, "Great, I just bent a rod" The PO did run it out of oil, and I would hear an occasional squeal, but that was from the T/O bearing.

I tried getting it started so I can drive it up my driveway, and after a couple minutes of cranking it started! it idled ok, but as soon as I gave it gas It wanted to die. So I kept the throttle pinned just to keep it alive. im positive its fuel related, but I just replaced the fuel filter.. I did have a leak on one of the fuel lines not too long ago, but the leak disappeared.

Also when cranking it for a couple seconds, its almost as if something wants to push it the other way.

Well heres a video that shows cranking, because it seldom starts.

th_20121110_171204.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FAT510s car has been "home for the holidays" since he got a ticket for using a camera in a school zone with emergency vehicles present... :excl: ...

I know you think it wasn`t your fault but as a parent I know it will always be your fault ,,Sooo,,  drive safe your parents will live longer ... and so will you.

// End of parent rant, //

Do you think you are going to be able to catch the caravan up to Canby this year??

FAT510s car has been "home for the holidays" since he got a ticket for using a camera in a school zone with emergency vehicles present... :excl: ...

What!!? was he stopped in the middle of the road mooning passer bys?

Do you think you are going to be able to catch the caravan up to Canby this year??

Probably not

Also, person that "Fixed" my car did a shitty job.
But i'll live with it for now, just because I don't want to put up with another month and a half of his shit.
I'll drive her around for a while, on sunny days.

The driver side vs pass side. 

The area above the tail light is supposed to be flat, not rolled like the passenger side. 

I'm just going to buy a whole new panel and replace it. 

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1