HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

I really hate being Dattoless. But I can live with it, the tail light panel is replaceable and my plan is to eventually use bluebird lights. His skill level is down there with the dip shits and him trying to fix it will only make it worse. Its not a shop, just some random guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cut off a filler neck from a newer car, and im trying to retrofit it to my 510. So far, everything went smooth. I forgot to take pics of the final product, but I need fuel safe hose to join the steel pipe to the gas tank.

20130111_123125.jpg

ZX wheels are growing on me 

20130111_170158.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for something in the garage and stumbled upon a box full of happiness! 

It has the timing chain guides, tensioner, some front suspension bushings, everything i've needed! 

20130131_100323.jpg

Even included a tach! 

20130131_132044.jpg

8k... I wish.

Thought  this was pretty cool

20130131_124804.jpg

My hands are always in the most awkward positions..  :sneaky:

20130131_135241.jpg

I got the wiring ready, Almost didn't find it. It was tucked in there pretty nice

20130131_135805.jpg

all done

20130131_143813.jpg

Old Craftsman tool box with JCP tools  :confused:

20130131_122630.jpg

20130131_122639.jpg

I dont mind that its not matching, it looks better than the idiot lights.

Im having trouble wiring the tach though. As soon as I turn the switch to the on position, the tach pegs out at 8k. Doesnt matter if the inductive wire loop is hooked or not.

The white needle and early orange needle tachs use an inductive pickup to detect the signal. These have two white wires that are connected in series with the coil.  They should be wired as follows:

· Black wire to ground

· Green wire to +12 V

· Two white wires in series to the negative side of the coil. If it does not work try reversing the two white wires.
The white needle and early orange needle tachs use an inductive pickup to detect the signal. These have two white wires that are connected in series with the coil.  They should be wired as follows:

· Black wire to ground

· Green wire to +12 V

· Two white wires in series to the negative side of the coil. If it does not work try reversing the two white wires.

Thats exactly what I did. The needle just shot straight to 8k. Except while cranking though.

Mine came with the sames wheels.  Trying to figure out how to clean them up.  Unfortunately, has corrosion underneath the clearcoat.  May just have to bead blast them and go with the matte look.

[img=http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/G8ost/datsun%20510/Front_zps2433f766.jpg]

Mine have corrosion and mold lol.

I wonder what they look like polished up?