HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

Today I went to Lathrop to pick up precious cargo, to see a Bluebird and ultimately just say hi to a old friend of my dads.

The precious cargo was a fuel sending unit given to me from Gino (AKA Datsloco) Gino, if you read this, thanks a million again for the unit!

I gave the bitch vinegar, bitches love vinegar.

IMG_20120818_200024.jpg

took her apart, cleaned contacts as best I can.

IMG_20120818_200934.jpg

Thought this looked cool, didn't to it on purpose

IMG_20120818_201655.jpg

Cleaned up pretty good :thumbup:

IMG_20120818_202503.jpg

Again, Thanks a million for that piece Gino, Seeing those dimes was awesome as well. B)

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took the valve cover off to see what i'm working with.. im replacing head gasket tomorrow.

looks good so far, some rods are loose, i turn them in place.

Def a bigger gap than .014 in

One thing im unsure about is how to undo (rather, which order) the bolts with arrows.

Boltorder.jpg

The service manual said something about undoing these along with the head bolts.. but im unsure in which order. it said if you didn't you could warp the head.

If you loosen the rocker arm adjusting nuts so that the rocker arms flop loose (relieves all the tension), it doesn't matter how you take them off. ;)

Awesome! and torquing down would be the same right? I was going to adjust valves anyways.

I forgot A series is similar.. :lol:

I also can't find evidence of a blown head gasket.. though water was seeping in the cylinders, and turning into vapor and going into the valve cover. there was constantly water on the oil cap.

I'm thinking that it wasn't properly torqued down, and seeped in between cylinders 2-3.

Lol that was there to hold the paper in place I assure you!!

see the little numbers? I needed to loosen the head in a specific order

ollz

well played DAT510 ,,, well played ,,, *slow creepy staring clap^

I indeed see little numbers !!! WTF are those ferrrrr ???

pssssshhhhh you don't need no numbers ,,,

just crank the effer down ,,, tight as you can !!!!

nothing will happen ,,,,,,,,,,,, I promise ,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

looks like you're scooting along :sneaky: ,,, bara

I also can't find evidence of a blown head gasket.. though water was seeping in the cylinders, and turning into vapor and going into the valve cover. there was constantly water on the oil cap.

I'm thinking that it wasn't properly torqued down, and seeped in between cylinders 2-3.

It's possible/

Does this series require periodic re-torqueing ?

If it sat a while ,,, it could simply be electrolysis as result from neglect to cooling system as well ( but you should have seen that as evidence ,, )

Some L6's have a specific weak spot for cooling passage weaping as well.

ollz

well played DAT510 ,,, well played ,,, *slow creepy staring clap^

I indeed see little numbers !!! WTF are those ferrrrr ???

pssssshhhhh you don't need no numbers ,,,

just crank the effer down ,,, tight as you can !!!!

nothing will happen ,,,,,,,,,,,, I promise ,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

looks like you're scooting along :sneaky: ,,, bara

I'll to just that!

:lol:

everything was going perfectly smooth until the damn lifters popped outta place, the service manual says to try and not move them outta place..

Impossibru!!

lol though there looks to be two small doors on the side of the block to gain access to lifters, cause there is no way im gonna take out the block just for those lifters lol..

I'd rather swap the L20B in there :lol:

The head def wasn't torqued down, cause of of the head nuts was significantly more loose than the other ones, i didn't need a breaker bar :lol:

From the picture you posted ,,,

it almost looks like the anit-freeze might have become acidic and ate the gasket/slowly weeped in around cylinder 3-ish ?

I believe your first diagnose was right !

indeed blown/leaky.

just my opinion though

Parts of the gasket material was brittle.. I think you're on to something!!

lol

If that doesn't solve the problem..

L20B!! FTW. :lol:

I'll to just that!

:lol:

everything was going perfectly smooth until the damn lifters popped outta place, the service manual says to try and not move them outta place..

Impossibru!!

lol though there looks to be two small doors on the side of the block to gain access to lifters, cause there is no way im gonna take out the block just for those lifters lol..

I'd rather swap the L20B in there :lol:

The head def wasn't torqued down, cause of of the head nuts was significantly more loose than the other ones, i didn't need a breaker bar :lol:

:lol: ,,, very few times does everything go smooth as butta for me to ,,, :lol: ,,, always something small that dinks me the wrong way haha !

errrrrrrr ,,,, yeah hopefully those access doors help you in your journey to put the rebel back in ,,, :lol:

L20b hehehe

oh geebuuussss ,,, loose head ,,, no one likes that !!! lol