HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HG is straight-forward.. Just take your time/check for straightness/head pressure check/use penetrating lube/chase the threads/use anti-seize and keep everything clean!

Water pump is even easier.

Once done and running then decide if want to keep for summer cruisin.

If not...

(1)Pull head with manifolds.

*Install new hg.

*get running.

*sell running l20b.

= profit

*use profit to help purchase KA24.

;)

Don't swap a KA in to avoid a hg haha.

Well I would swap in a KA to fix my slow problem :lol:

I have a KA, two, a DE and a E.

I also have a Z22E..

LZ22? :lol:

I'll add up the cost of swapping in a LZ22 or a KA vs fixing the HG and Water pump.

I'd rather fix the L20B then go through the trouble of swapping another engine in there, and watching my 510 sit for another week/month/year.

I hated to see my 510 sit then, And i hate to see my 510 sit in the future.

I'll see about tightening the head bolts, and if that doesn't fix it, i'll replace the headgasket.. (my first head gasket! :D ) if i fuck up... LZ22.

Or KA

Hahaha :lol: ... a fellow hoarder! Welcome! !!

I can totally see why you would rather swap :lol: :thumbup:

But yeah. Fastest route is def the hg if all goes well ... bang it out ...enjoy for the summer and swap in the winter :).

In the meantime you can layout your KA/lz/other swap on the ground/stand ... and start prepping ... wiring ... labeling ... etchehe

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The 2.2 Frankenstein is a torque monster, in a 510..

I am not one for all the electric crapola that comes with a non carbed KA myself

more to fuss with,and the electron gremlins that come along with it are a bitch too.

That's not all I have.. :lol:

I don't want to sound like a douche and list them all..I thought you knew me... hahaha

Good idea!!

I will store my dime in the winter.. considering the weather seals are non existent!

The 2.2 Frankenstein is a torque monster, in a 510..

I am not one for all the electric crapola that comes with a non carbed KA myself

more to fuss with,and the electron gremlins that come along with it are a bitch too.

Tell me about it.. im trying to grasp the idea of relays right now.. :lol:

Jacob is my teacher of all things electric

That's not all I have.. :lol:

I don't want to sound like a douche and list them all..I thought you knew me... hahaha

Good idea!!

I will store my dime in the winter.. considering the weather seals are non existent!

Ollz ... always leave them wanting more hehe ... :sneaky: ... I never disclose all my goodies ... and I'm pretty sure you never will ... :lol: :lol:

Is a good idea. Get creative. Engine stand or not. Split wiring harnesses? Engine test stand? Possibilities endless right! ? Hehe

LZ22 easy to do 510freak ?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The extra shit is a pain in the ass imo..

A 510 is a simple easy to maintain vehicle, that really doesnt need to be all complicated.

LZ22 easy to do 510freak ?

The only "hard" to do thing is drill the waters passages .the rest is as simple as any L motor

OBD-I Electric and pre.. stuff isn't to bad :)... eventually I figure out one way or another :lol:

OBD-2 confuses me though ... :rofl:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

OBD-I Electric and pre.. stuff isn't to bad :).

OBD-2 confuses me though ... :rofl:

:thumbup:

:rofl:

Still electrons,that just appear out of nowhere, chuck engine light in a 510 :rofl: :rofl: :sneaky:

Yea, obd1 is simple. The wiring is easy, especially with nissan being so kind to give separate engine ecus.

I hear people say the wiring just adds more variables, it does, but all you are really doing is a bunch of simple circuits, and when you break it down, and look at part by part it starts to make sense. The only weird thing is the actual ecu, lets not talk about rewiring an ecu...

Seems like changing a head gasket is simple enough.. I hope i don't fuck it up.

i will chase the threads to perfection. then scrape all the shit off of the surface, and then apply gasket.

Quick questions:

Do I apply RTV on the gasket?

Is there a break in process?

If i set the engine on TDC.. re installing the head will be easy right?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

i will chase the threads to perfection. then scrape all the shit off of the surface, and then apply gasket.

Quick questions:

NO GOO No GOO

NO GOO NO GOO

No breakin is required, if its set at tdc and doesnt move, Just make sure to mark on the chain and the gear, it really take no time at all

Quick questions:

SOME recommend ...Just a *touch* of rtv in the corners where the timing cover and head meet. No more! !! I like using gasket sealer spray ( very little goes lomg ways)

No break-in process. Crank over and get oil pressure before firing though.

Yup.. re-installing the head will be easy. Make 100% sure to use a timing chain wedge tool or make one.

Very VERY light amount of oil on headbolt threads. A touch of thread sealer will do the same.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Some reccommend(Ihad to edit DTP did)Just a *touch* of rtv in the corners where the timing cover and head meet. No more! !!

No break-in process.

Yup.. re-installing the head will be easy. Make 100% sure to use a timing chain wedge tool or make one.

Very VERY light amount of oil on headbolt threads. A touch of thread sealer will do the same.

I never use GOO there.. :rofl: :sneaky: