JESUS ANOTHER 521 PROJECT!!!!!

LOL a lot of places mass produce shit all day cough "China" cough cough don't mean they work. But that design is on a lot of asphalt/ dirt track cars it's does work. Just will it work on a stock Datsun prolly not, a modifyed datsun well with a BFH and and welder I guess anything possible. Never learn unless ya do the real thing!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A standard heim joint has about a 15deg off center range of motion.  As his arm raises the joint will go from 0 deg to the full angle his pivot bolt is mounted at when the arm reaches 90 deg.  As long as the pivot bolt angle is within the 15 deg of motion, it will work fine.  His pivot bolt can have more then 15 deg of angle to it since he has a limited range of motion.  If the arm only raises to 45 deg, it will only see half of the pivot bolt angle.  He has 15 deg of motion available in the joint, assuming the pivot bolt is perpendicular to the joint.  Angling the pivot bolt is necessary since the legs of his control are more than 15 deg from perpendicular to the cross shaft. 

• Like 1

It was really dark in that video, is your shop always like that?  The shit you build is so bad ass!  I can't imagine how insane the stuff you build would be if you turned some lights in there :) 

• Like 2

Dude its not as dark as that video makes it out to be that's for sure. It just a quick couple. Videos I shot on my phone so theirs no camera tricks involved LOL. People have said to me before. Man if I was their I could take some bad ass pictures of your stuff, I said well I'm not stopping ya LOL. Photography is a skill I don't have.

• 1 month later...

Yup although we gotta play around with it cause that anti dive pitch adds caster angle I can physically go from 0 to 10+ degrees with this design of arm in about 1 min. Camber angle were gonna see, how the lower arm comes out.

got a double tube lower arm started. still need to do some more work but so far its coming out like my suspension plotting program showed. staying about 2degrees negative camber castor angle i got range for more than  this truck will ever need. all while never taking any suspension peices off to adjust FTW!

IMG_20130319_200907_zpsa3844399.jpg

IMG_20130319_200923_zps02919a68.jpg

IMG_20130319_200948_zps55b789c2.jpg

• Like 1
Nice work man, any plans to offer a 'kit'?

UMM I dunno. it would be alot of work for the average dude (not that I'm above average by any means), but with the body still on the chassis, might be a real bitch to put it all on.