JESUS ANOTHER 521 PROJECT!!!!!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But only my comments count.lol  Bad ass dude i wish i could weld maybe its not to late to learn or is it.

LOL! hey man good, or bad I take all kinds. cause i sure am not perfect! My buddy boarlin is just as involved in every project we ever do so he deserves the same credit in this build, technically its his truck lol. Welding is just like anything else. Take some classes which IMO are a waste of money. Or save that money go buy a good quality machine and practice till your eyes bleed. I try to tell people welding is kinda a art form everyone has their own technique, and sometimes its awesome sometimes it blows ASS! and sometimes your welds are money, and sometimes they suck! just depends on how steady you are, joint prep etc etc etc etc so many things go into a nice weld and having nice quality welding machines really helps, if ya wanna be serious about welding anything.

yo jesus followed u from the beginning your work keeps getting nicer and nicer ..... hats off man ...keep it up

Thank you Sir. I plan to keep it up as long as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Just when you think you've seen all the great projects this forum has to offer, YOU DISCOVER ANOTHER ONE!

Love the Fab skills, you're better set up in a two-car garage than alot of shops, and turning out better results than most.

• Like 2

bender vid its slow but nice cause i can drink beer and bend at the same time!

th_VID_20120901_152341.jpg

Could you recommend which dies to buy and post some more pics of your setup? I'm very interested to know how to build this, and aprox costs... Thanks for the ideas Jesus =)

Honestly Its cheaper just to buy a manual one unless you got a milling machine handy. Its really a wash, buy the time ya buy everthing. the air cylinder is like 80 bucks and SWAG Offroad makes a bracket to bolt it on! I'm using the std JD2 dies.

I love my air over setup, but would take that style for the price point any day. We got a 1.5 dia x 4.5 radius die for ours. I just like that size of tubing, and tight radius's make for cleaner work for the most part IMHO. :)

have access to friends stuff, would be helping him set it up anyways - have air cylinder, plamsa cutter/mounted to cnc table, bridgeport mill, small and medium lathe... Wonder how expensive it is to have dies machined, just copy basic designs, seems like I could get by with 3 sized dies...

Thanks for the info Jesus.

It's cheaper to buy a die unless your doing the machine work yourself, then it's probably still cheaper to buy the die. :lol:

I got the 1.5 die because that's the tube size I use the most, I will be adding a 1.75 and a 2.0 die to my collection eventually.

Amazing work man!  I'm kinda new and just bought my first 521 and am SOOO inspired buy your work because eventually I'm wanting mine to be set up to perform.  I wish you well on your continued masterpiece and will be watching with great anticipation for every update!  :thumbup: