Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Modified the master cylinder and mounted the remote reservoirs. I still need to modify the reservoir bases as the fittings point straight down. I'm going to modify and install 90's. I got tools coming for installing rivet nuts in the sheet metal so I can run the front passenger hard line. After that just need to make two more stainless soft lines. Slowly but...

20161029_184252_zpsihtu9swb.jpg

20161029_184302_zpsou15ukfo.jpg

20161029_184315_zpscqhttvvp.jpg

20161029_192051_zpsj7jmhhf7.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

I stumbled out into the garage and ran into my 510 project.. I almost forgot I was building one..

I managed to finish the remote brake fluid reservoirs. The mounts had the fittings pointing straight down. No room for hoses. I cut the end off, drilled and tapped new holes. Used some nice 90deg -6AN fittings. Ran the hoses to the master. Mounted the brake booster check valve and ran the hose.

Now I'm finishing the last front brake line. I need to get the brakes done so I can set it on the ground and attempt the drive around the neighborhood. Hopefully next weekend.

20161119_145354_zpsakvzzqdp.jpg

20161119_150254_zpshctwhqso.jpg

20161119_164947_zpsyktjnh6a.jpg

20161119_164955_zpsss1o9ggv.jpg

• Like 4

At least to ran into it then did something to it.

Very true. I've bought a bunch of stuff lately to finish the brake system. This wekend has been the first weekend I'm home and have the energy. I'm motivated again so we'll see. Still hoping for a drive down the cul-de-sac next weekend..

Front Passenger side is done. Brakes, lines, suspension, steering. Ready to put the wheel on. Just need to put the pads on the driver side and it will be done... Then I can paint the rear control arms and finish assemble the rear suspension, brakes, diff and axles. Should be able to bleed the brakes after that and see if she can move under her own power.

20161120_130218_zpsap7qern5.jpg

20161120_130202_zpswtaxxg4x.jpg

20161120_130211_zpsgilou6cw.jpg

• Like 1

Do you have enough length on that soft line at full lock left, full compression?  Looks like it might put a lot of strain on the hose at the crimps.

I'll double check. I believe its fine though.

You still down here Josh or is it up north by the wolfman?

Still in the hood. 1st Qtr. 2017 I'm moving..

• Like 1

Um.. yes! Starting to get the kinks worked out. Idle is smooth, revs clean. Just needs a little more tweaking to be drivable. Water pump pulley started backing off the pump shaft. Gotta drain the coolant and pull the pump... I'll just tack weld the shaft this time.. That was a good press fit, oh well.. The lightened flywheel sure makes for "snappy" throttle response.

I still think it's possible I'll drive down the street by Sunday..

• Like 3

Are you going to drive it with no quarter panels? 

Yes. Just around the block. I'll hang them so it looks like a car... i figure once I drive it I'll get the motivation to finish the sheet metal so I can drive it for real!!

Yeah move up here! 

I'm looking around Snohomish/Monroe. A three car garage is a must!!!

• Like 2
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)