Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

No problem.

I found the holy grail of wiring. They have way more colors then any other site. Cheaper too and you can order in 3' lengths.

http://www.britishwiring.com/Wire-s/43.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=43&show=50&page=1

I just ordered all the wire to wire from the firewall plug to my ECU. I should be able to finish the wiring right after I move the car. I need to buy a bottle of tri-mix so I can weld my exhaust. After that I can fire off the motor again and start buttoning up the rear end and get the brake/clutch system done. Then I can drive it around the block....

I'm predicting end of August for first "slow" drive.

I did buy a car this weekend.... Needed a 100% stress free Daily. Bought a 2016 Chevy Cruze. Lifetime drivetrain warranty, 84 month bumper to bumper, free oil change and car wash's for life...

No more worrying about a breakdown. My focus needs to be my 510. Not keeping my daily running ;)

20160715_221452_zps0gdoukpy.jpg

20160715_221428_zpspbqgespe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seen that. 25' Minimum though :(

I'm pretty sure the stock wiring (including engine harness) is PVC?

How big gauge do you need?  Even at 14ga that's only about $5/color :D  The bigger OEMs say to use cross-linked if adding wiring in the engine bay, but I can't confirm that they use it originally :P

• Like 1

To be fair it's a "used" car. Has 22,000 miles. The dealer offers the free lifetime drive train warranty and I got a steeeep discount on the 84 month bumper-bumper. It was a hell of a deal. :)

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back to wiring and do some more shop cleaning/prepping for the move...

I ordered this today. Dual purpose. Battery disconnect and theft deterrent.. Going under the dash.

battery_zps5klnjgvh.png

• Like 2

To be fair it's a "used" car. Has 22,000 miles. The dealer offers the free lifetime drive train warranty and I got a steeeep discount on the 84 month bumper-bumper. It was a hell of a deal. :)

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back to wiring and do some more shop cleaning/prepping for the move...

I ordered this today. Dual purpose. Battery disconnect and theft deterrent.. Going under the dash.

battery_zps5klnjgvh.png

just a fyi i had my car tech inspected at pacific raceways day before yesterday and they said shut off switches with keys and ones that have plastic housings are not nhra legal.

ooops seen it was for under dash nvm hahaha

• Like 1

;)

Wiring, wiring and more wiring. Getting closer. Soldered the bulkhead connector wires. Gotta connect it all together now. It's hard to wire up so many different systems over many months and keep everything straight... You almost have the figure it all out every time you go back to it. I documented most of it pretty well...

20160723_154645_zpsebn3gd6l.jpg

20160723_154640_zps4ckvflsk.jpg

• Like 5

I think i got it. Just check, double check :)

We'll find out when I turn the key ;)

I just ordered the drivers seat. I wanna make sure I really like it before buying the second one. After the car is wired I can finish the seat mounts for both sides and then order the second seat when I'm ready.

Just need to buy a bottle of trimix for welding my exhaust. Can't wait for Monday and the move!

sparco_zps0j8iyixt.png

• Like 3

Oh.....that goes in the exhaust with a line to the crankcase to provide to suck out the crankcase gasses?   So you have to make sure it's oriented the right way when you install it.  Interesting.  You use this instead of PCV valve?  Keeps the combustion mix from being polluted?  Probably wouldn't want to do this with cats on the exhaust.  

• Like 1
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)