Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Spent a lot of time in this thread yesterday Josh. I had missed so much. Wow man. Constantly trucking on this puppy. I am going to be sad when it is over. (But you will be over the moon!) I was digging back because I am picking up a 2-door that needs the rear replaced, and this thread is an education. It was also cut for flares and I am deciding if I want to go back to stock or do the rabbit thing, since it is already chopped for bubbles.

Hey you were making Bump steer spacers once upon a time. Still have any? Soot me a PM with price if so.

• Like 1

One thing I'm gonna make is a test model of my new shift boot flange and top plate on a 3D printer :) should help me to get the radius where it rolls over the edge of the tranny tunnel. I'll then have a shop laser cut them and bend for me :)

Yup. I no longer work for a "shop". I work for the company that sells them machines. I also provide technical support and training. It's better to be on this side of the industry but the downside is I don't get to make parts on the weekends anymore.

• Like 1

Yup. I no longer work for a "shop". I work for the company that sells them machines. I also provide technical support and training. It's better to be on this side of the industry but the downside is I don't get to make parts on the weekends anymore.

Substantial downside

• Like 1

Well with what I get paid I could buy a machine if I wanted :)

I can use them but it's not like before. We don't have a fully stocked tool crib with every tool imaginable and piles of tooling laying around and a warmed up machine ready to roll.....

It's all good though. My car doesn't need anymore machined bits for now.

For the level of machine you'd need to use your skills, I doubt you'll be looking to buy one anytime soon.  You might end up with a hobby that becomes another job.  I thought electronics was cool as a kid.....until it became a job......hated it ever since! lol  A hobby machinist is about all I'll aspire......although machining for a living would be a lot more interesting than the crap I do now.  

Despite this.........I'm all for you getting a machine in your shop and turning out more cool parts!!!!!!! :)

For the level of machine you'd need to use your skills, I doubt you'll be looking to buy one anytime soon. You might end up with a hobby that becomes another job. I thought electronics was cool as a kid.....until it became a job......hated it ever since! lol A hobby machinist is about all I'll aspire......although machining for a living would be a lot more interesting than the crap I do now.

Despite this.........I'm all for you getting a machine in your shop and turning out more cool parts!!!!!!! :)

I've heard this from many colleagues who blow glass. I decided to become an electrician so I don't end up hating glasswork. I did it professionally for six years and started to see it happen. Now it's just a hobby that I look forward to.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New seat mounts... Got a set of Sparco sliders. Eventually I'll buy Sparco Chrono Medium seats. After seeing my buddies celica after the crash I figured better to build bomb proof mounts and buy quality seats. Don't trust those cheap seats in a wreck...

Jeff is stopping by tomorrow with my new tranny tunnel shee metal. Gotta finish that next.

20160409_110558_zpstop6yoyl.jpg

20160409_110621_zps3cfexjfh.jpg

20160409_110719_zpsebfpqw3l.jpg

• Like 4
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)