Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had to re-flare one brake line. Frontend is done. Driver side rear is done minus the short hard lines I can't find... Gotta dig them out of their hiding place. Axles will go in and diff filled next. Hoping to have it on the ground tomorrow... Undercoating the fender will happen right before the quarters are hung the last time.

20161124_162024_zpsjpkz0lfl.jpg

20161124_162052_zps7yppi71q.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds like someone is getting a little exited for completion....

Yes!

You happen to have any driveshaft to diff bolts laying around?...

She's been putting up quite the fight... Just need to torque the axle nuts, bolt up the CV's, fill the diff and bleed the brakes. Two steps forward, one step back. Still moving forward. Getting close.. I lost the hard lines that mount on the control arms. Had to make new ones unfortunately.

20161125_170805_zpsd6kypmmu.jpg

20161125_170822_zpsx74pvxe9.jpg

20161125_170755_zpsxtcx0kek.jpg

• Like 2

I HAVE PEDAL PRESSURE!!!

Lot's of little leaks. All fixed now. That POS cheapo flare tool is such a waste of time. Had to redo a couple flares.. This thing is the baddest little tool I've ever bought. Even if it's only one flare!! http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-on-car-flaring-tool-for-3-16-tubing.html?fee=7&fep=52409&SRCCODE=PLA00010&product_id=31244&adpos=1o2&creative=99675667380&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA39_BBRD0w-_rmOrc__8BEiQA-ETxXelpYkPdb42tRQyrPp_7wdF2OQ_1YuQBem_rkSfsIrEaAlbv8P8HAQ

• Like 4

I HAVE PEDAL PRESSURE!!!

Lot's of little leaks. All fixed now. That POS cheapo flare tool is such a waste of time. Had to redo a couple flares.. This thing is the baddest little tool I've ever bought. Even if it's only one flare!! http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-on-car-flaring-tool-for-3-16-tubing.html?fee=7&fep=52409&SRCCODE=PLA00010&product_id=31244&adpos=1o2&creative=99675667380&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA39_BBRD0w-_rmOrc__8BEiQA-ETxXelpYkPdb42tRQyrPp_7wdF2OQ_1YuQBem_rkSfsIrEaAlbv8P8HAQ

I bought that tool when you first recommended it! I haven't used mine yet, but am glad to hear it did the job for when I do.

• Like 2

No worries. I bought some bolts that will get me by. I'll order the right set tonight.

Rear end is done. Just need to get the radiator back in, battery mounted, drive side seat mounts welded and finish the clutch line and bleed.

Then I can attempt to creep down the drive way. If it breaks on the road I'm not sure how I'll get it back up the driveway and into the garage....

20161126_133106_zpse6q2fi4y.jpg

20161126_133037_zps36m5vy7l.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Jeff! It almost feels like it's not real! It's been so many years and 1000's of hours. I can walk out in the garage and start the car up and drive down the block..

Now I just need to clean up the wiring and start stitching the sheet metal back together. Should be at Canby this year for sure..

• Like 5

Better be at Canby!  Great now that you and Frank are both going to have fast car's!! I'm going to have to come up with something!  I don't want to be staring at coupe tail lights the hole trip!!!  

• Like 5
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)