Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to, I dont anymore, too many idiots on the road.

I hear that. Makes me nervous also..

Congrats on getting your car running, it's a big milestone!

Thank you! I'm stoked!

I need a new steering wheel... mine is like 12.5" which is stupid small. I'm contemplating whether I want to go removable or not. Only real reason would be a second layer of defense from thieves. Seems like they could just just use vise grips so not sure that's a good deterrent. I have a keyed battery cutoff that should be enough to throw someone off..

• Like 1

A well placed kill switch is a good security measure, I have the perfect place for mine I just have to put it in.

I highly suggest a bigger steering wheel, I had one of those tiny grant gt's that are cheap and easy to get them I had a nice Nardi wood wheel that was bigger and mobile have a suede personal that is the same size as the Nardi. Big improvement going from the grant to the Nardi/personal.

Maybe we could meet up and you can get a feel for the bigger wheel in my car see if you like the size or not.

• Like 2

I'm having a cage builder stop by Saturday to look over the car. I might contract him to build a TIG welded 8 point cage. I might even pay him to hang the quarters and finish the rear sheet metal. We'll see. I want the car on the road so I'm willing to expedite. I've done everything myself so far but it might be time to fork out some cash in order to enjoy it sooner and get the fit/finish the car deserves... 

I didn't want a cage but with all the panel replacement I'm worried the car will twist and buckle the roof if I race it hard. Also thin sheet metal is not very reassuring when bombing down I5...

I'll know soon enough. I will have new lug nuts and driveshaft bolts waiting when I get home Friday. Then I can get back to work!

• Like 3

I've owned two 510s with full cages. One piece of advice, try to keep the door bars as low as you can.   :thumbup:

It gets old climbing over that shit...   :rofl:

I'm gonna try. Gonna move the main hoop back as far as possible also.

We'll see..

Did a tape measure and string alignment today then drove the car up and down the cul-de-sac :) She runs pretty damn good for such a rough tune. The ground was a little damp and if you touch the throttle a hair too much in second gear the turbo spools instantly, next thing the car is going sideways :) Yowzer! She's gonna be an animal!

• Like 4

Did a tape measure and string alignment today then drove the car up and down the cul-de-sac :) She runs pretty damn good for such a rough tune. The ground was a little damp and if you touch the throttle a hair too much in second gear the turbo spools instantly, next thing the car is going sideways :) Yowzer! She's gonna be an animal!

Oh well. Swap the L16 back in. It never had that trouble...

• Like 1
I Designed my cage. I'm paying someone else to build it. I don't have the time as it would set me back two months. He's gonna pick it up next weekend! I didn't want a Full cage because of the danger driving on the street with no helmet. I did want torsional stiffness and roll over/side protection. I think this will accomplish what I want with the least hassle. 1.5"x.120" Wall DOM. TIG welded.
  • Like 3
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)