Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that is a work of art!!!!!,

how do you guys go legality wise over there????? is it different state by state????

id love to cage mine up but its hard to build a cage that is approved by your racing body of choice and then have it street legal too !!!

talk about the nanny state where i live in

I can buy an AR15 with 100 round drum and a 1,000 rounds of ammunition and your asking how we get away with a cage? This is the land of excess and recklessness ;)

Racing bodies is different. The main consideration is tube diameter and thickness. I went 1.5"x0.12" so it covers most requirements. Honestly if it doesn't meet their specs I'll find another venue to race. I chose personal safety over silly rulebooks. Luckily I can always autocross and not get hassled. All they care about is shit being bolted down :)

• Like 5

i guess we have police in this country that seem to love finding defects or like, id really love to cage mine up to get it as strong as i can, really love what you have done with your cage ( well love the whole car really) but i know id be looking over my shoulder every time i took the car for a drive , i don't want that hey mate, 

but more power to you guys as the laws seem more logical over there,

most of the grass roots motor sports don't require a cage, or stupid as it sounds disallow cars with cages ( as it then classifies them as unregistered/ unroadworthy )must be for event insurance im guessing

I hear ya. Our cops are pretty lax about modified cars but if you make a wrong move they'll shoot ya. I guess it's a trade off...

Some States have stricter rules. Hawaii you have to have a safety inspection that is pretty rigorous unless you know someone who knows someone.. Mostly we let any derelict, shitshow of a car on the road as long as it has tabs and the lights work...

• Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)