Female datsun owners?

I've been lurking Datsun forums for a while now, and finally decided to create an account as I'm in the market for a 1200 or B210. I've noticed that local people selling their Datsuns are hesitant to sell to a girl. I've even gone so far as to have my boyfriend email or call for me.

My question for you guys is: do you know any female Datsun enthusiasts? and out of curiosity if you were going to sell your car would it matter to you if the buyer was a girl?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the510keepers wife..... She is crazy datsun.... I would sell a car to her.... other than that they are kinda an enomally...... Wish you didnt have a boyfriend :P I have been in the market for a datsun gf for a long time..... :lol: ...

good luck in finding a datsun!!!!

I've been lurking Datsun forums for a while now, and finally decided to create an account as I'm in the market for a 1200 or B210. I've noticed that local people selling their Datsuns are hesitant to sell to a girl. I've even gone so far as to have my boyfriend email or call for me.

My question for you guys is: do you know any female Datsun enthusiasts? and out of curiosity if you were going to sell your car would it matter to you if the buyer was a girl?

The more, the better! Are you looking for a project or finished, and how much you want to spend?

I met some girl who was impressed I had a 510........... and she started talking about how cool her ex-boyfriend's 510 was....

then I asked what kind of car she had now......

She said, "Well I just bought a brand new Mazda 6...... ... but I'm still making payments on the Jetta I wrecked.... ... . so I'm about $35,000 in debt right n..."

And I was gone....... ... I think that last word was, "now" ........... but I was running so fast I can't be shure..... :lol:

• Like 2

I met some girl who was impressed I had a 510........... and she started talking about how cool her ex-boyfriends 510 was....

She said, "Well I just bought a brand new Mazda 6...... ... but I'm still making payments on the Jetta I wrecked.... ... . so I'm about $35,000 in debt right n..."

And I was gone....... ... I think that last word was, "now" ........... but I was running so fast I can't be shure..... :lol:

Smart man!!!

• Like 2

I'd sell to a gurl ur money is as green as everyone else's but first::

I'd have to ask a few questions like do you know how to check the oil ? then what do you do when you see that it's low, if I get the right answer then I ask, where do you put the oil in at, if still the right answer then I'd ask do you know how to check the antifreeze, still good answer, then do you know where to put more good antifreeze, still getting the right answers. Do you know how to check the air pressure in the tires, still good answer then where do you put it in at. still get a good answer then I'd ask, do you or what are you going to name it, better not be a boys name or else forget it. I don't want ur boy friend getting all pissy and kicking the shit out of the Datsun because it has a boys name and he think ur cheating on him.

I think thats it, you would be good to go and show ur BF ur used new Datsun but sorry, at the moment I don't have one for sale yet but come back when I do, now get out there and find one and before you buy it, come back and ask all the question/details on Ratsun, tons of good pp with lots of good info....

what you waiting for a ride.... jk GL

... I'd have to ask a few questions like do you know how to check the oil ? then what do you do when you see that it's low, if I get the right answer then I ask, where do you put the oil in at, if still the right answer then I'd ask do you know how to check the antifreeze, still good answer, then do you know where to put more good antifreeze, still getting the right answers. Do you know how to check the air pressure in the tires, still good answer then where do you put it in at. still get a good answer then I'd ask, do you or what are you going to name it, better not be a boys name or else forget it...

There's a few members here that have Datsuns already that wouldn't get past this line of questioning :fu:

Yes.... I hope she gets a Datsun.....

She will probably treat it better than most of the newbies around here

me too..

that ain't no shit but name's we won't tell.... lol

There's a few members here that have Datsuns already that wouldn't get past this line of questioning :fu:

I hope they don't take my questions personal but if they do. :fu: :baby:

maybe when she gets a datsun, she can teach them a thing or too, to ...

w/ BF's approval. :sweat:

ive got one....your not alone here!! :D

Yay! :D

I'd sell to a gurl ur money is as green as everyone else's but first::

I'd have to ask a few questions like do you know how to check the oil ? then what do you do when you see that it's low, if I get the right answer then I ask, where do you put the oil in at, if still the right answer then I'd ask do you know how to check the antifreeze, still good answer, then do you know where to put more good antifreeze, still getting the right answers. Do you know how to check the air pressure in the tires, still good answer then where do you put it in at. still get a good answer then I'd ask, do you or what are you going to name it, better not be a boys name or else forget it. I don't want ur boy friend getting all pissy and kicking the shit out of the Datsun because it has a boys name and he think ur cheating on him.

I think thats it, you would be good to go and show ur BF ur used new Datsun but sorry, at the moment I don't have one for sale yet but come back when I do, now get out there and find one and before you buy it, come back and ask all the question/details on Ratsun, tons of good pp with lots of good info....

what you waiting for a ride.... jk GL

I'm confident that I can answer all of those questions correctly. I'll take good care of it, because I want it to last! I'd never name a car a boy's name...it's bad luck! My last car's name was Helga.

• Like 3

I met some girl who was impressed I had a 510........... and she started talking about how cool her ex-boyfriends 510 was....

and ends the story of the only girl you have ever talked to

All things equal? By this I mean a girl would have to convince me she knows her way around vehicles but no more than a guy would either. If either were just looking for a quick thrill ride they would have to keep on looking I'm afraid. If they were unfamiliar with Datsuns then I would be much harder to convince. If they were unfamiliar, but showed an interest in a long term relationship with my Datsun, something that could blossom into true love then I would likely take a chance. :lol: So yeah if all things were equal I don't think I could toss a coin. I would probably sell to the girl. Why? Because there so few of them out there. Maybe there should be more. Why shouldn't a girl experience a love affair with an inanimate object??? :lol: :lol:

What's cooler than seeing an old Datsun on the road? It's seeing that the driver is a girl. ;)

I'm glad to hear that more dudes are open to it than I thought. It's just discouraging when my boyfriend and I will both contact a seller and they only respond to him. I guess so far one only seller has been directly rude to me. Thanks everyone for your input! I will have my Datsun sometime soon and when I do I'll post pictures :)

I'm glad to hear that more dudes are open to it than I thought. It's just discouraging when my boyfriend and I will both contact a seller and they only respond to him.

Funny I had the exact opposite happen to me. I called about my Datsun on a Sat. and didn't hear anything so I made my wife call from a different # the next day and now the car is in my garage.

...."What's cooler than seeing an old Datsun on the road? It's seeing that the driver is a girl. ;) ..."

Ya....I can only imagine if a female wheeled in my yard with a Datsun looking for parts :frantics:

Bliss..........all my years hoarding has somewhat come to fruition... :hug:

:D :D :D :rofl: