Female datsun owners?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold a nice B210 sedan to a lady that was real nice, gave her a deal cause she "Needed a car and was poor" Made her PINKY SWEAR that if she got rid of it, she had to give me first dibbs. Less than a year later I saw it at the Pull-A-Part in tacoma, it was too late. <_< BITCH!

You got JDM510-tted on ,,,,,,, I hates it when that happens :unsure:

The guy I sold my 521 to (the one in my avatar) only wanted it because his wife was into datsuns. She came and looked at it and was like a female DatzenMike, she knew all of the little nuances, the upgrades I had done etc and was all stoked I put a dogleg 5 speed in it etc! She totally shamed him when she told me she had to bleed the brakes on his work truck cause he couldn't do it LOL. They live like 3 towns away and I have seen her out driving it like 3 or 4 times.........Datsun Girls and Women are a rare and special gift for sure.......

Now would I sell my datsun to someone who wasn't necessarily into Datsun's? Well they would have to pass my personality test LOL...............take it on a case by case basis..

BTW this post needs pics of the datsun women. just sayin

I'm amazed that this topic has ballooned into nearly three full pages in just thirty hours. It would seem right off that if rabbitine is desiring specifically a 1200 or a B210 that she knows exactly what she wants, and is willing to treat her dream ride with true respect. Gender schmender! Somebody hesitant to sell a 1200 or B210 to someone just because they are female would indicate to me it's simply time to move along. Or as a last resort bring a few burlies and cash if it's a ride you really want from a problematic seller.

I was surprised too. In some ways I can understand not wanting to sell something you love and put a lot of work into to someone who won't appreciate it. Unfortunately, women have the reputation for being shitty drivers and completely ignorant of cars and how to take care of them so I can see where someone might hesitate. That said, at least talk to a person first! There are plenty of DUDES out there who don't know shit about cars...

Sold a nice B210 sedan to a lady that was real nice, gave her a deal cause she "Needed a car and was poor" Made her PINKY SWEAR that if she got rid of it, she had to give me first dibbs. Less than a year later I saw it at the Pull-A-Part in tacoma, it was too late. <_< BITCH!

This hurts me. :blink:

LOL no i don't mean the douche scooter......segue as in a smooth transition from one topic to another......if this were a movie there would be music, or at least a fade-out from female datsun owners to Skib selling his datsun to female datsun owners LOL............ :thumbup:

thaaaat segue :lol: I like to jump to the funniest definition first :lol:

thats still on topic tho :P Im around Portland and wanna get rid of one of my dattos

For whatever reason people sell a vehicle that they put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into...it seems like nine times out of ten the price of all the parts that went into one ride are far from recouped in the attempt to sell it (sans labor). Yet nonetheless, there are people who come up to me and ask me what my favorite VW in the quivver is, or the fave Datsun truck of the fleet is...and I equate that to a parent with lots of kids divulging that they have a favorite child. That is...I'll never say! You just know where a conversation like that will lead to...not a bonding experience...might as well borrow my toothbrush & discuss politics :D

Lots of us have several cars; projects, show vehicles, a daily driver, and maybe a family rig and/or a business rig. You get one running and looking the way you want it, and you move to the next challenge. Some unforseen expense comes along...meteorite punctures the pool cover, exploding Dr. Pepper bottles spew sugary sap into delicate electronic equipment...whatever...and you just know a vehicle you have that you consider an investment is going to be offered up for grabs... :( You just hope it sells local to someone who keeps the legacy alive, and that they communicate & swing by for a visit or call once in awhile...!

I've had lots and lots of cars, vans and trucks since I got my driver's license, and a few of them like the Dodge A-100 and the first VW bus I had back in the 70's would be quite sought after if I didn't treat them like shit when I had them. Same goes for rare record albums, old toys, etc. Yet I was well into my 40's when it dawned on me that the Datty's are truly cool vehicles. They twist my neck when they catch my peripheral vision and have made me much more conscious of other vintage vehicles as a reflection of the time and effort their owners have put into them. Come to think of it...I've never bought a vehicle newer than 15 years old except for the '74 B710 when it was five years old. The tightest car I ever had...and I smacked a deer with it.

• 2 weeks later...

If I knew she had an idea of what she was getting into Id be possibly more inclined to sell a datsun to a girl, I think its awesome when women take an appreciation in these cars, just today I was stopped at a gas station and a lady pumping gas into a Lexus in front of me had a HUGE grin on her face and was staring at my car, as I walk by she said "Is that a 280zx? I love it!" (I have no emblems on it so its not like she read them emblem and was trying to look smart)It was awesome, made me realize its not older men who like these cars (although I dont fit into that group exactly either being 18 haha)

When she was younger, her daddy had a new one till she was ten and when he'd had a few beers used to tell her she was made in the back seat. Now shes a cougar eying 18 year old stuff and knows just what to say. :lol:

She's what barely 30? and you think she old, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

When she was younger, her daddy had a new one till she was ten and when he'd had a few beers used to tell her she was made in the back seat. Now shes a cougar eying 18 year old stuff and knows just what to say. :lol:

She's what barely 30? and you think she old, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

Like 40 something. Id still hit it.

It would not matter to me if a girl bought my datsun my girl wants a 620

A pink 620 right :)

My wife got the datsun bug when she and me started dating. Im glad i got the 620 since i hadnt got the 2 door running yet that i traded corey. Now i can drive the truck to shows and her the purple car.

• 2 weeks later...

A very similar car

You mean, similar in the fact that she hadnt crashed it yet?

Its funny, to hear her mom tell it... the crashes were her boyfriends fault :lol: That was right after she said "she Loved to drift in the rain" and "it has a cam and stuff!"

TripleFacepalm.jpg

D'OH I forgot to post this...

A lady(about 50, or so :P) who walks by my house almost every day stopped to talk to me, when I first had my 510 towed to my house and was cleaning it up. She said she actually use to have around 5 of them over the years, and talked to me for a while about them.

It was pretty cool to meet someone else who use to have a 510. :D Also seemed the kind of person to get the car running if it broke down.

Its funny, to hear her mom tell it... the crashes were her boyfriends fault :lol: That was right after she said "she Loved to drift in the rain" and "it has a cam and stuff!"

Thats why you don't drift on public roads. Find a nice parking lot to piss people off. :D

:blink: h shit..

those tail lights.. they cost a lot.. my friend tried to buy pair of those from ebay, and he gave up when price was 890$.. and that 2door fiveten hmm here´s one in finland.. yeah just one, all others are 4d sedans or wagons...

i was like " Ok i can sell for a girl" NOW i´m like "NEVER"

Here's the for sale thread:

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=11912

$3k for a perfect painted shell... .. with BlueBird tailights, ,, a white roll bar, , and no motor (how do you crash twice without a motor?):

5107.jpg?t=1241805332

510.2.jpg

The car she crashed has pillar vents.... ;) ........ ... but everything else looks very similar..... . even the shaved rear roll pan/ rear valence

I have seen pics of the same white roll bar in this car too....... :(