Other forums on the planet and how they suck.

Dude some of the forums out there unbelievably strict, and gestapo like.

Literally, I tried to sale something with just a few posts and got deleted, warned, threatened.

Basically their deal is 100 posts before you sale something, which retarded.

How is that going to stop the con-man? Retarded, I'm steamed and I'm venting.

No one, and I mean no one, does it like Ratsun.

Okay, thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that Matt?

Did someone JDM510 you out of something?

Well, not here, no. I'm just sayin. It's not worth JDM510ing here. But there are a lot of other high traffic, high volume, big money moving classifieds on other forums where people get JDM510'd left and right, constantly. You'll find similar rules on a lot of different forums and they do pretty well at keeping the JDM510's out of commission.

Really tho....

It's bullshit that I need to put down like a million useless posts just to sale something.

I go on here and the510realm daily but yet between both sites I have less than 50 posts.

I could be on here for years and maybe not make 100 posts. I think it's over doing it.

You can get jacked going to the store. Getting jacked sucks. When I join a forum I don't spend

8 hours reading the rules and such, I use my common sense. lol.

Hmmm. A minimum post count before selling would get rid of people who are only here to dump their shit for high $$$s. We've had and may still have members that only sell stuff and I guess that is expected, why not? In both cases there might actually be something of value to someone else. Perhaps a twenty post count?

Hmmm. A minimum post count before selling would get rid of people who are only here to dump their shit for high $$$s. We've had and may still have members that only sell stuff and I guess that is expected, why not? In both cases there might actually be something of value to someone else. Perhaps a twenty post count?

Iv been thinking about this lately as well mike, HBZ is 40 posts

keeps people from showing up just to sell shit.

GrammarNazi.jpg

I sell stuff on here,or should say have stuff for sale. I hope im not thought of as that guy who is just here to make a buck. I dont add to or start a lot of posts,I take advantage of the pm feature I like the one on one when asking a question or advice or what have you. I thought I would have better luck selling some of my products here because they are ridiculously low priced compared to the bigger companies,maybe there is just no market left for the 510s maybe I should start making aftermarket parts for honda,s yuck. Anyway I love the ratsun website I grew up with 510s and raced them in the late 80s

I dont see what the big deal about people selling there shit, if it is overpriced no one will buy it. Maybe some old timer has some old race parts he wants to dump for cheap, Id rather him post them here than on cl ??? IDK just a thought, you never know what someone might have and you might need or want.

• Like 1

Skib,

You and I have talked over lunch about this insanity. I still feel that if there was a way to eliminate the one thread about your newer Nissan not running right, that there should be an Instant Messanger feature to ask those who may know with a post count higher than, say, 250, for technical advice, then we are good to leave the forum the way it is currently. (Case in point: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22652-stanza-issues-possible-limp-modeiacv/page__p__320014#entry320014)

We are already getting these noobs posting single, monosyllabic words for excellent build threads to get their post counts up, which will ultimately defeat the purpose of a higher post count prior to ability to sale anyway.

If these noobs want to sell something at an inflated price, there is still eBay and Craigslist.

I am probably going to try selling the 710 someday....

What forums should I start posting at now?....... does japanese-nostalgic-car require a minimum number of posts?

What about Zilvia,,, or nicoclub?.......... any other forums that I should start building a useless post count at?

• Like 1

I dont see what the big deal about people selling there shit, if it is overpriced no one will buy it. Maybe some old timer has some old race parts he wants to dump for cheap, Id rather him post them here than on cl ??? IDK just a thought, you never know what someone might have and you might need or want.

+1

I think the510realm has stopped anyone who isn't computer literate from being a contributing member.

There is probably some old guy trying to sell a perfect 68 2 door for cheap....... but he has joined the510realm, and can't figure out how to post a for sale ad.

• Like 2