Other forums on the planet and how they suck.

I could see a minimum post limit being a good idea. What ticked me off was Hybrid wanting to limit sellers to only members who have donated to the forum.

I know it costs money to run a forum, and time etc. but are there a lot of other forums that have that rule as well?

How does Ratsun get by without this? Do more people just donate here rather than hybrid?

I'm curious :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see a minimum post limit being a good idea. What ticked me off was Hybrid wanting to limit sellers to only members who have donated to the forum.

I know it costs money to run a forum, and time etc. but are there a lot of other forums that have that rule as well?

How does Ratsun get by without this? Do more people just donate here rather than hybrid?

I'm curious :lol:

we dont actually have a donate system like hybrid does, Thomas and Jeff are pretty much the ones that keeps this place alive.

I think theres a PP somewhere to donate to the site that got brought up sometime in the past.

not sure if we can set up a donation system like HBZ has. paging Thomas :lol:

I'm just saying 100 posts is crap. As for the grammar guys that want to beat me up, I don't mind. :)

As for my car....I'm upgrading the rear to 4.38:1 so....and I'm putting in the headliner and

if you've noticed I'm not bumping my car anymore so I'm pretty much taking if off the market

by fading the threads away I have on the sites I put it on. No more bumps or price drops, really

anything below $10,500 is just throwing my money away. Anyway....

The general rule is... you get at best about 2/3 back on a sale what you spent on it. This does not include your labor assuming you did all the work yourself. If you paid a garage to swap your motor etc. then your asking price will be so high people will laugh. You will be forced to lower it to be inline with the home mechanic. There is no money to be made selling your Datsun, never was. Plan on 2/3 of your money back and hope to buy something that is sold in desperation and move up. I see people selling for a few hundred to make rent, pay bills whatever. WTF? a few hundred won't make a difference in your life.Never did. You may as well tarp it and hope next month or year is better. For a few hundred bux hang onto your dream.

shoot muttin chops... some of these posts sound very realm worthy... i come here cause its no nonsense bullshit... if you car sucks you're accepted... if you a borderline retard like my self then you're accepted... you may take a ribbing now and again but its due...i avoid the realm due to its uppity, shit dont stink mentalitiy on there.. not everyone on the realm is that way but there are some A-1 pricks on there....here (ratsun)is more like sittin around the garage telling story's with a cold one and laughing at each other and our zaney antics...its more genuine...theres actual tech advice... not regurgitating info they read somewhere else...or creating a post hating on some shop and htere work cause they had no idea how to do it...i see that a lot on the realm...now I am not saying everyone on there is like it ...but if it moo's , its a cow...anyway i love ratsun .. i try and visit once a week and read the updates on here about peoples projects and look at tech articles about stuff i wanna do... i try and contribute ewwhen i can .. but the best part is when i am stumped on something i know i cancome here get advice ... maybe get laughed at or poked with a stick ... but I am cool with it cause I know we are just a bunch of dudes sharing a passion for old crusty datsuns...

I'm just saying 100 posts is crap. As for the grammar guys that want to beat me up, I don't mind. :)

100 is a bit high I agree.

but I WILL correct fucked up grammar.

not because you should be writing a WR121 essay every time you post but because if your grammar is so fucked no one understands you than its rubbish and no one can help you.

just be mindful to take a second before hitting that "add reply" button and read over what you just wrote.

shoot muttin chops... some of these posts sound very realm worthy... i come here cause its no nonsense bullshit... if you car sucks you're accepted... if you a borderline retard like my self then you're accepted... you may take a ribbing now and again but its due...i avoid the realm due to its uppity, shit dont stink mentalitiy on there.. not everyone on the realm is that way but there are some A-1 pricks on there....here (ratsun)is more like sittin around the garage telling story's with a cold one and laughing at each other and our zaney antics...its more genuine...theres actual tech advice... not regurgitating info they read somewhere else...or creating a post hating on some shop and htere work cause they had no idea how to do it...i see that a lot on the realm...now I am not saying everyone on there is like it ...but if it moo's , its a cow...anyway i love ratsun .. i try and visit once a week and read the updates on here about peoples projects and look at tech articles about stuff i wanna do... i try and contribute ewwhen i can .. but the best part is when i am stumped on something i know i cancome here get advice ... maybe get laughed at or poked with a stick ... but I am cool with it cause I know we are just a bunch of dudes sharing a passion for old crusty datsuns...

that about sums it up :cool:

100 is a bit high I agree.

but I WILL correct fucked up grammar.

not because you should be writing a WR121 essay every time you post but because if your grammar is so fucked no one understands you than its rubbish and no one can help you.

just be mindful to take a second before hitting that "add reply" button and read over what you just wrote.

that about sums it up :cool:

Touché, to both your post and your sig! :D

HBZ/Relm - good info, lots of tech and crazy smart people but you have to behave, put on your tie and be proper

Office-Workers_1.jpg

Ratsun - bullshitting and bench racing with the boys at the bar/garage over many beers

436585687_ccf7cb4411.jpg

both serve their specific purpose, and I frequent all of them.

Im on HBZ just as much as Ratsun.

The Realm is more 510 oriented than Datsun oriented. It's just coincidence that the 510 is a Datsun. laugh.gif When every post (or close enough) is about 510s and most members own them it's not surprising that the cream will rise to the top. What I'm saying is there is a vast pool of members all with 510 experience and the best will express themselves. If you go there you had better do your research, know what you are talking about, know what you want and know how to ask for it. Do your homework and be prepared. If not.... the teacher will make you stand in the hall. I find the Realm more of a classroom and not a place to hang, smoke cigarettes and keep warm. This is not to say you can't have some fun learning. biggrin.gif

Ratsun, on the other hand is more diversified and includes any Datsun and many Nissans. Think of it as multi-ethnic. If we want to survive we simply get along. I think most 620 guys know a little about all other Datsuns. Same with 510 and Z car owners, we all know something about everybody else's cars. We are more diversified and perhaps more forgiving. This is not to say we all get along, we don't always. Ratsun is as close to working and standing around in a garage as you can get. Lend a hand or just watch. Share your knowledge or stories, have a laugh, c'mon in, grab a rim to sit on..... good times! I believe that Jeff wanted the Ratsun forum to continue on where the garage floor ends.

The general rule is... you get at best about 2/3 back on a sale what you spent on it. This does not include your labor assuming you did all the work yourself. If you paid a garage to swap your motor etc. then your asking price will be so high people will laugh. You will be forced to lower it to be inline with the home mechanic. There is no money to be made selling your Datsun, never was. Plan on 2/3 of your money back and hope to buy something that is sold in desperation and move up. I see people selling for a few hundred to make rent, pay bills whatever. WTF? a few hundred won't make a difference in your life.Never did. You may as well tarp it and hope next month or year is better. For a few hundred bux hang onto your dream.

Yeah dude I agree, I have put including the car itself $16,800.00.

And I'm not even going to get into the details of the motor set-up.

So unless someone digs up an old thread my car is staying with me.

I love this place. :)

Ratsun, on the other hand is more diversified and includes any Datsun and many Nissans. Think of it as multi-ethnic. If we want to survive we simply get along. I think most 620 guys know a little about all other Datsuns. Same with 510 and Z car owners, we all know something about everybody else's cars. We are more diversified and perhaps more forgiving. This is not to say we all get along, we don't always. Ratsun is as close to working and standing around in a garage as you can get. Lend a hand or just watch. Share your knowledge or stories, have a laugh, c'mon in, grab a rim to sit on..... good times! I believe that Jeff wanted the Ratsun forum to continue on where the garage floor ends.

clap, clap, clap, clap

I love Ratsun haha. But like Skib, I'm on hybrid just as much too.

Although...my post count on here is going up significantly faster :lol:

hahaha ya go look at my HBZ post count vs Ratsun :rofl:

HBZ is the best place hands down for Z tech, theres just no disputing that.

but Ratsun has by far the best community and a great all datsun atmosphere, we welcome everyone. even if you dont own one yet but just love them anyway

you get alot of good tech and always get advice and help here and you get alot of lolz too :D

Ratsun is growing massively man, not just in members but we already have two "Ratsun" awards at the canby show.

No other group or club has their own awards at the show!

Jeff where ya at man, lets get some input from ya :P what are your thoughts on what this little brain child of yours has snowballed into? :cool:

this little brain child of yours has snowballed into? :cool:

Dont you mean "Rusted"?

I dropped in here a couple years ago, had just found my 720 thinking, I just want to know a couple things to fix it ^_^ so much for that idea!! ;) now I'm working on number 2 and 3! New motor in one and not quite sure what Im doin to the other yet :huh: Survived a weekend at Canby 2010 with the Ratsun Crew! :wacko: several Bar-B-Ques and looking foward to the next! :hyper:

I have checked out other forums, and I think I will stick with this one. As it was said in Cabin Boy, You are the drunken, abusive, disfunctional family I never had!! And I love you guys! :D

Guest DatsuNoob

Dont you mean "Rusted"?

I dropped in here a couple years ago, had just found my 720 thinking, I just want to know a couple things to fix it ^_^ so much for that idea!! ;) now I'm working on number 2 and 3! New motor in one and not quite sure what Im doin to the other yet :huh: Survived a weekend at Canby 2010 with the Ratsun Crew! :wacko: several Bar-B-Ques and looking foward to the next! :hyper:

I have checked out other forums, and I think I will stick with this one. As it was said in Cabin Boy, You are the drunken, abusive, disfunctional family I never had!! And I love you guys! :D

You know... you mushy bastards can bring a tear to a glass eye. Don, that was beautiful, and I'm touched :wub:. Now can we seriously ditch the Dr. Phil panel now and quit hugging? ;) :rofl:

Jeff where ya at man, lets get some input from ya :P

He's either at work, school or working on a datto somewhere's, I'm pretty sure he doesn't sleep. :lol:

Yep, this place pretty much kicks ass. :D