Maroon 510 crash

dreadni

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is one of the most friendliest i have ever met. I remember when he just got his car running for the first time. He hit the line lock and lit are street up in smoke. Ever since that day he always came back in the magnum. Good guy cant wait to see him agian. Your in the McKay's prayers all the time. See you soon buddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is Aole's brother Khary and I wanted to take a minute to provide an update on Aole's current status. It's been roughly 10 months since the accident and Aole continues to progress. Let me preface things by saying the nature of his injuries are very severe and like with most brain injuries recovery is a very long and uncertain road. More clearly, there is no way to tell how much he will or will not improve except for continuing with work and therapy around the clock and waiting to see if improvement occurs. All brain injuries are different and very complicated.

To date, while there have been many changes in Aole's condition, some visible, some not, however, month #7 is marked as the month with the biggest visible accomplishment. My family and I were graced with the pleasure of hearing Aole's voice! After 7 months of near silence he started talking again! His speech was and continues to be difficult to understand at times, but the majority of his words are understandable. It gets better......he even remembers much, if not all, of his past! While I cant guaranty that he will remember how to put together a KA24 DET, I frequently test him to see how much he really does remember and he continues to amaze me. In fact, he even remembered the password to his I-Phone! THIS IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. To put things into perspective guys, the original diagonsis from the doctors that I will never forget was that "it will be a mircle if he ever recognizes me again in a meaningful way." I guess its safe to say that I believe in Miracles!! They happen.

On the physical side of things, while he is still confined to a wheelchair and has very limited use of extremities, he does continues to show subtle improvements as a result of the physical therapy. This piece will take lots of time. He has more use of his right arm and left leg, then the opposites. Will he ever walk again, we dont know the answer to that and neither do the doctors. What we do know is that it will take lots of hard work and effort in order to get there.

Aole is home with my mother now and has been for several months. She primarily takes care of him and is able to take him in for physical therapy appointments. One other thing that I wanted to be sure to point out is that Aole is very aware of his current condition. He remembers how he was before the accident (does not remember the accident). As you can imagine, going through this is very difficult mentally. Aole has maintained a very positive attitude throughout the entire time. He is mentally in good spirits and wanted me to thank the 510 Family for all their support!! Special thanks to LBG, Luis, Mark and Ray as well as Mario for all the support. DATPAK Much Love.

• Like 3

Thanks Khary for taking time out and giving us an update. Aole has been on my mind and it is great that improvements are continually happening. He seems to be working it out and i will continue to pray that he does just that. It must be said that you and the rest of your family are a true testament to the power and strength of a good family. It is because of the hard work and optimism your family is providing that he is getting better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...