whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since this is still Vbulletin he should be able to get a skin of the old version, so essentially it will look the same, just with the added features.

im reserving judgement until full retard customization has happened to the site.

It'll take a little time to get used to but the one thing that bugged me is the opportunity to easily search for threads started by the user is gone. You used to be able to go to their profile and click one button and now it looks like you have to actually use the search.

I just clicked the avatar and then look below the avatar that pops up. It's about three down over on the left.n

I am not sure about this new site yet. It's not that I don't change... ok, yes it is...I don't like change. Change it back, no wait, you can't I don't like change, but this site has changed... I don't like it, but I don't like change so you can't change it back... Shot, what to do???

its not bad but it definately needs some personalizing to the Ratsun ideal.

I agree.

It'll take a little time to get used to but the one thing that bugged me is the opportunity to easily search for threads started by the user is gone. You used to be able to go to their profile and click one button and now it looks like you have to actually use the search.

Hmm, you seem to be right. It looks like you can view posts made by a member, but even then when I click your username it only shows a couple. Maybe I should re-index the search?

since this is still Vbulletin he should be able to get a skin of the old version, so essentially it will look the same, just with the added features.

im reserving judgement until full retard customization has happened to the site.

Actually, they re-wrote the template system to comply with current web standards, so the vB3 templates no longer work. :-/

Also why it doesn't work with older browsers like Netscape.

I just clicked the avatar and then look below the avatar that pops up. It's about three down over on the left.n

Hmm, you seem to be right. It looks like you can view posts made by a member, but even then when I click your username it only shows a couple. Maybe I should re-index the search?

I meant more along the lines of "threads created by user" and not just "all posts by user". It made it real easy to find and update an old thread instead of searching through pages of posts.

I don't like it still. I just finished the front shocks and came in and it's like sucking the stomach fat out of Sally Struthers. GROSS!!! :)

And why does edit post take two clicks to work, and why is the information about what vehicles you own on the left side, not tab matched? It runs it over to the next line like a clumsy 5 year old.

moving.jpg

It's kind of like a freshly painted apartment that you're just moving into. Once the mods get the Ratsun pictures hung on the wall it'll be quite livable. I don't like having to select the "advanced reply" button (should be default when you hit "reply") but everything else is pretty kewl.

yea and..the search thing is throwing me off... i couldnt even search for the post tits thread!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: or maybe im still that horrible at searching for ish.........hmmm i guess after awhile i might b able to get use to it... but its still looks pretty lame... its like my dad getting a new gf i just gotta live with it...

If there is more than 3 pages you cant click on last page from new post screen

That's really strange; I hope they fix it. On the official vBulletin forum, it goes to 6 but still doesn't have the last page link.

almost seems like its got kiddy gloves or something now, not sure what exactly it is.. but it is not good.. the other forum im on is working fine, using the same forum crap as we use to have.. so i dont see the need for an upgrade..

I think maybe it's a combination of the colors and some of the images being overly "web 2.0" bubbly. There are lots of reasons to upgrade, however, including SEO enhancements, better support for web standards and close integration with other software. It's just that usually that doesn't mean as much to the end user. When I have more time I'll try to play with the theme a bit.

I wonder how hard it would be to update the old theme to the new system? I believe if we could do that, people could set it to whatever theme they prefer.

This theme stinks of mac

I don't understand the logic of this being any better either, fixes? my ass

Search is now useless, the thread page count glitch etc.... Ya it fixed the forum working well thats what it fixed lol

Edited by 72240z