Phlebmaster's 1972 Chevy C20 truck project

Well, I did what I said and picked up an older Chevy truck after I sold my 240z. ;) I just got it home this morning.

I now have a 1972 Chevy C20 3/4 ton Camper Special. :) I paid $600.00 for this beast. She needs a few things but there is very little in the way of rust and I just happen to have an extra 350 sbc to throw in once it is re done. :D

I have not had time to look every little thing over...but the truck has a 350 and I am not sure if it has the TH350 or TH400 since it is a 3/4 ton. But it runs good, sounds good, and shifts nice.

Ok...here are the pics.

2053u3l.jpg

16c7swm.jpg

16iv5s6.jpg

21e7qyf.jpg

25fnp.jpg

25zpc0n.jpg

The obligatory extra parts. :lol:

nmcad4.jpg

oi8z68.jpg

I can tow stuff now. :D

200agcw.jpg

2v1vxn4.jpg

2ilhmbp.jpg

v3db9j.jpg

n4d40j.jpg

124k2s3.jpg

2imal2c.jpg

Not the prettiest example of a classic Chevy truck...but very functional and workable. :)

34hat7a.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find! My uncle has used his C20 as a shop truck for almost 30 years. I drove it almost daily for 6 years. They are crazy reliable and built like tanks. Yours even has power brakes and steering:thumbup:. Looks like a TH350 because of the kick-down cable that's laying next to the carb. You're gonna love that truck. Enjoy!

edit: Being a Camper Special it likely has a factory locker in the rear too.

Nice truck!! I got a brand new edelbrock carb i'm willing to part with!!

Will you trade for Datsun stuff?? All I have are zcar parts. Let me know what you want for it. ;)

I am getting a set of large camel hump heads today in trade. :D I can't wait

Do you happen to have an alt bracket that will work with non-acc heads??

thats a good price for the 72, what ever you do, don't put one of those new edelbrock carb on, I know about 4 or 5 guys that have put a new edelbrock carb on their rides and they are having problems with them. Find a quad-jet, much more better performance and better gas mileage then the edelbrock. just my 2 cents worth. good luck

thats a good price for the 72, what ever you do, don't put one of those new edelbrock carb on, I know about 4 or 5 guys that have put a new edelbrock carb on their rides and they are having problems with them. Find a quad-jet, much more better performance and better gas mileage then the edelbrock. just my 2 cents worth. good luck

I have a Q-Jet 4MV?? I think...anyway, it needs rebuilt and I was just thinking that replacing it with an aftermarket carb would be better.

Interesting info....thanks. I will do some research. :)

just rebuilt the quad, what are the quad's #, it will either start with a 1 or a 7, they will be on the side, I want to know what year you got.

I will look and see if I got a link for the Q-jet's...

edit : link on quad code > http://www.carburetion.com/quadnumber.htm

rochester carb numbers > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rochester+carb+numbers

Edited by 420n620

the 4th number is for the year so you got a 1973, thats a good one to use. Just make sure the throttle shafts are not sloppy other wise you will never get it dialed in. There's a guy here in the valley that works on carbs and when the shafts get sloppy he just drills to a larger size and puts in new bushing.

the links I put above should help some on the other numbers, I'll see if I can find out more info, I like to know myself.

I use to have other web links but there no longer on the web.

sorry for not responding sooner but my POS of a computor decided not to repond so I had to reboot up..

the 4th number is for the year so you got a 1973, thats a good one to use. Just make sure the throttle shafts are not sloppy other wise you will never get it dialed in. There's a guy here in the valley that works on carbs and when the shafts get sloppy he just drills to a larger size and puts in new bushing.

the links I put above should help some on the other numbers, I'll see if I can find out more info, I like to know myself.

I use to have other web links but there no longer on the web.

sorry for not responding sooner but my POS of a computor decided not to repond so I had to reboot up..

Hahaha...I had the same problem. I think Ratsun went down for a minute. lol

Thanks for those links. :)

I just googled your carb # and got this on the first link, this is what the carb is from. 1973 Oldsmobile 350 engine in the Cutlass, with automatic

since your 72 is auto, I think that carb will work good for you.

this is the google link I got from just typing the carb number...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=7043250&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=