Phlebmaster's 1972 Chevy C20 truck project

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Camel Hump heads are the good ones...right?? You ran these in your zcar didn't you Hoov? ;)

I have ran camel humps on various motors. (until the piston punched a screw through the chamber into the coolant passage) but I was recently brought on to the 487x heads, because i can run stupid amounts of compression with alot of timing on pump gas and make some good power right where i need it. :cool:

Guest kamakazi620

With what pistons?? dome tops??pop ups??Depending on what camel humps you got they range from 62cc-64cc and some have 194 intake valves and some have 202s and if you want stupid compression for cheap use some 305v8 heads on a 350 they have 58cc's but a small1.74 intake valve and smaller runners,nothing a porting and valve cut won't fix!!

Edited by kamakazi620
With what pistons?? dome tops??pop ups??Depending on what camel humps you got they range from 62cc-64cc and some have 194 intake valves and some have 202s and if you want stupid compression for cheap use some 305v8 heads on a 350 they have 58cc's but a small1.74 intake valve and smaller runners,nothing a porting and valve cut won't fix!!

or you can just get some flat tops and deck the head 20 over and save yourself a ton of money over some crappy 305 heads, its not like he has to conform to a sanctioning body.

if you take a dime, no not a datsun dime :lol: and put the dime on it's edge, see if it fits in between the valve, if it does, you have 194 heads, if it don't fit you got 202 heads which are only good for racing. 202 heads tend to crack in between the valves when you use them on the street because they get to hot and the metal is thin in that area..

They are 194 valves. :)

I am thinking of trading them and my ZZ4 block for a Vortec set-up.

That is a 50hp bolt on and they will out perform those camel humps right out of the box. ;) I just need to find some....they are 500.00-700.00 new from what I hear. Looking for used ones now.

Oh well...lolz

Check out the IRS in my Chevy!!

9pmicm.jpg

Looks like a I have a transformer in the back of my truck :D

35i9dle.jpg

You almost look like your having fun :D

Because I am!! lol

I got me a 650 Holley on the cheap tonight and a 1" spacer. Got everything mounted up on the Performer intake and ready for Saturday when I put all this on my truck. :D

x3spvq.jpg

15ujk9.jpg

2hz73b7.jpg

Test fit on the ZZ4....

nz1yzb.jpg

24y1f9z.jpg

qxw3dw.jpg

I can't wait!! I will post videos of course...that's a given. ;)

Guest kamakazi620

yeah,if ya deck the heads you have to deck the intake to match or it won't seal right.305 heads are great on a 283 w/bigger valves i'm running some on mine it's been bored .60 over solid lifter street/strip cam with 10.1 pistons it sounds like a dragster:D