Phlebmaster's 1972 Chevy C20 truck project

Looks good. But I think its overcarbed! Looks like you got the wrong fuel rail too. Have you heard the thumper cams? They got the big motha tumpr. Its awesome. I say high rise intake manifold! And bigger filter too. I thought you were going to sell it? Mad scientist

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. But I think its overcarbed! Looks like you got the wrong fuel rail too. Have you heard the thumper cams? They got the big motha tumpr. Its awesome. I say high rise intake manifold! And bigger filter too. I thought you were going to sell it? Mad scientist

Thanks! If is worth doing, then it must be worth over doing. lol JK! I did end up with the wrong fuel rail. :( Oh well. The Thumper cam does sound nice, I may do that but not right away. The intake I have now is the Weiand Stealth and has the widest RPM power range of any street intake...off idle to 6800 rpm. The filter is another issue, I am trying to decide what I want to do with that.

I has plans for this truck, my daughter is going to driving it when she gets her license. This is a beast, but she won't get hurt if she gets into a fender bender. ;)

750 is big but not too big for a cammed 350. Boss 302 Mustangs used a 780 cfm. If there is room you could get some threaded rod and double stack the air filter but for anything less than full throttle it's more than enough.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok guys, it has been a long while since I have been around. So I guess it is time for an update.... :rolleyes:

My new employer (Prov) has been keeping me busy with training. I have recently accepted a promotion that requires me to travel between lab locations. And I am also finishing my degree the end of winter term 2010. My plate has been pretty full...so not much me time or time to play here with you guys.

The truck...well, I am sure you will not be surprised to hear I sold her to buy a more fuel efficient car..a Camry. :P I want to get another Datsun anyway so I am waiting until I have some things in order before I buy my next project.

Talk to you later,

Aaron

Ok guys, it has been a long while since I have been around. So I guess it is time for an update.... :rolleyes:

My new employer (Prov) has been keeping me busy with training. I have recently accepted a promotion that requires me to travel between lab locations. And I am also finishing my degree the end of winter term 2010. My plate has been pretty full...so not much me time or time to play here with you guys.

The truck...well, I am sure you will not be surprised to hear I sold her to buy a more fuel efficient car..a Camry. :P I want to get another Datsun anyway so I am waiting until I have some things in order before I buy my next project.

Talk to you later,

Aaron

Ha, glad to see you again man. Not surprised you sold the truck. Family/school/work comes first! I'm sure you will get another datsun sometime this next year.