Phlebmaster's 1972 Chevy C20 truck project

yes to the new valve covers. yes to this whole truck!! what is the lift on that cam?

:D

The cam is a Comp Cams 270H with a 4/7 swap and a 112 LSA and a .471 lift with the 1.5 rockers I am using. It is a pretty nice running cam. :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the install tonight. All I need to do now is put coolant into the radiator and start her up. I will do that on Saturday and have a neat swap video to share.

Here are the obligatory pics. :D

My helper was excited to get started...

eiuro7.jpg

I made sure that torque converter thing was put in all the way...

5txma.jpg

Got it in, just getting everything lined up...

2nc2fzm.jpg

verde1.jpg

Just to prove that I actually did some work. lol

288b1qs.jpg

20r1wjn.jpg

20ql2dy.jpg

25s1y03.jpg

freaken sweet man....congrats.....talk about get r done man you waist no time.....i dig it.....anyway now that its all tied up you can come help me with my swap :D

Thank you. :)

Today is the day!! I will make a video of the start up and then combine pictures of the whole process in a youtube video. My daughter did a bunch of work on this project and I am very proud of her.....and myself for that matter. This was my first bare block build.

This will sound great! I grew up with V8s and it's imprinted on me. :D The only 4 cylinder back then was the Dub and they all (4 cyl.) sound raspy and buzzy, and nothing like half a V8. They are bad enough without a ricer fart can on the back. Inline and V6s have to be the worst sounding abortion there is. Nothing sounds like a V8. Looking forward to the vid.

This will sound great! I grew up with V8s and it's imprinted on me. :D The only 4 cylinder back then was the Dub and they all (4 cyl.) sound raspy and buzzy, and nothing like half a V8. They are bad enough without a ricer fart can on the back. Inline and V6s have to be the worst sounding abortion there is. Nothing sounds like a V8. Looking forward to the vid.

+1 , I didn't grow up on as many v-8's but plenty of them around here :lol: :D , Although I will agree with the "deeper" tones of the v-8's are very soothing and un-matchable , I have seen/heard/tried to race a 2008-2009 Nissan Skyline (in my L28 240z/Su carbs/5spd ) and the sound of it was absolutely SICK and UNMATCHABLE compared to a V-8!!! ( He could of ate lunch and still have enough time to beat me , frieken fast :lol: ---->>>> Respect! :cool: ) I actually like the sound of my buddy's pontiac supercharged dual exhaust pontiac grand prix ( here comes the razzin :lol: ) , a fast car ( but not the most dependable )

Phleb , looks good and clean man :D

This will sound great! I grew up with V8s and it's imprinted on me. biggrin.gif The only 4 cylinder back then was the Dub and they all (4 cyl.) sound raspy and buzzy, and nothing like half a V8. They are bad enough without a ricer fart can on the back. Inline and V6s have to be the worst sounding abortion there is. Nothing sounds like a V8. Looking forward to the vid.

'cept a Build Chev Six in a row with duel exhaust!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be nice when you get it painted, IMO stock paint scheme is 10 fold in cool points.. :cool:

Nice work chief! I'm really glad you like documenting everything. Puts things in perspective for people who have never done such a thing! ;)

Thanks! I have been helped by people who document everything. I also learn real quick if I am making a mistake because of all of the detail in my project threads. It helps other as well as myself. :)

I will be finishing the primer this weekend and making a burnout video. hehehehe STAY TUNED!!!

16gcz9j.jpg

xp37rr.jpg

oh ya ...he said burn off video..... :D :D

shes lookn real good....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm burn off video..............

Ok...here ya go. :)

I finished the paint/primer today. She looks much better all one color.

1qmnth.jpg

2ccm008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

get a datsun already FFS lol

LOL

Well, I went ahead and did it again! I spent some money and bought my truck a brand new Holley 750 0-3310s manual choke with vac secondaries.

I LOVE this carb! All I had to do is put it on and start the truck. No more messing around with old questionable carburetors. The 750 has quite a bit more kick than the Holley 570 I just took off.

s6jbc2.jpg

c11d0.jpg

11rdm3r.jpg

Oh, not to mention that it looks pretty sweet on the engine too. ;)

9qld2s.jpg