warning: fuel burns the eyes

Skib

Z_Rac3r's Z had some starting troubles at the gas station a mile or two from her house :( after about 2 hours we had tested the pump, ruled out air and spark and even got a new filter for it :confused:. found out it was the FPR and and while she was taking the new filter off to put the old one (still good) the pressure was so built up it shot a good 30psi solid stream of fuel up right in her eye :eek::lol:

Phil came to the rescue with a tow rope and I towed the 280Z back home with my 240 :lol:

Photo510.jpg

hooking up the tow rope in the gas station :lol:

thanks Phil! :fu:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can top that :D

I was on a 2 story roof top, fairly steep, spraying oil base primer with an airless sprayer. The spray tip clogged and I twisted the spray tip around to reverse the flow in order to dislodge the clog...apparently I also pulled the tip out slightly in the process and when I pulled the trigger oil base paint shot straight into my face and one eye. I had to hobble over and down the extension ladder and then attempted to clean my face off with hand cleaner...the kind that has pumice granules (abrasive)...man, that stung and burned my face! There really wasn't anything I could do for my eye besides let it work naturally to clear the paint :mellow:

damn i hope hope she okay:)

i watch my dcoe 45 shot gas in both my eyes:eek::lol: luckly I had a buddy here it was bad i couldnt see shit was falling all over the place he finaly took me down and soaked my eyes with the garden hose.

In all my years work on car this is the first time I ever got gas in my eyes

Late night I get the call. So I loaded up and head out. Get lost twice. Get there and her eyes are burning with fuel. What a scene. The traffic and the crowded gas station weren't helping either. The tow home was intresting. I followed behind with my flashers on. On a one lane road. Posted speed was 40. We were at best going 20. Late night traffic to boot. Needless to say the line of cars behind us was long. Just blocks from the garage. We make a left hander and the tow rope gives. Shit. No worries they were on it. Got it home safely.

Oouuccch.

Here' a quick story

I use to wear contact lenses....not no more

Was staying at a friends place one weekend and ran out of my solutions.

I grab both bottles (one is hydrogen peroxide...other is saline) and walk out to the living room and motion to him which is which?

The color coding of bottles was different that mine....he's on the phone but nods and motions to the one in my left hand....or was it my right and his left?:blink:

Anywho

Walk back into the bathroom and blast my left eye with which what I thought was just saline.

Not.

Before the h. peroxide reacted I gave my other eye a 'healthly' flush.

Never felt so much pain...eyes were blood red.....also had to try to get the contacts out....which was a bitch when your eyes are 'swelling' shut.

Never assume....should of read the 'fine print'....lol

When I was a teenager I cam home from work at night and since it was sposed to freeze and I only had water in my maverick I went into the garage and grabbed a gallon of anti freeze and dumped in, it was dark and I wasn't paying attention - my dad had put gear oil in a coolant jug. drove around the next day and my mav started overheating; leaned over and the cap blew off and bam blazing hot watery gear oil in the eyes; shit was blurry for a few days

Not nearly as bad, but watch the hell out for sunblock!! This summer I though it would be a good idea to sunblock my eyelids, that freakin burned!! For a long time! And since it isn't supose to wash off with water easily rinsing did nothing at all. It sucks!

ok since you guys started the one up stories....i copied this from the other forum i hang out on

if your familiar with the layout of my house to the shop it about 1.5 blocks, straight up a hill. normally I just drive , when ive got the dogs we walk it.

SO, me and the Ol go to chicken night at the VFW, all you can eat 5.50. I ATE A LOT!

Gets home and decides to walk to the shop with the dogs, get down there start to tinker with the bikes.

Its about 6 pm, at 6:01 I hear, burrrrrbbbble burrrble , a note weve all heard before and it usually coinsides with a vibratory impulse from the lower belly. I scoff it off , physc it out , yup thats me, I can beat this, continue to tinker, BURRRBLE ahhhhhhh crap, this vibration has turned rumble. Looking around I see a schwans ice cream container (1US GAL), rip down my pants & skivvies and BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EACH shot scooots the container six inches, I crabwalk to keep up with the bucket. BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and finally silence, IM sweating! look up and the front door facing the highway is wide open, I turn , my three dogs are sitting like they do at treat time, only this time they look concerned! I realize they know what I dont, the rag bag is empty. I look YES, theres a rag in the brake bleeding jar, I lean grab it, and well you know,

but in the mist of my panic and sweat filled seconds of poo'ery, I didnt know the rag was coated with brake fluid. OMG OMG OMG does that burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I return to the house, hit the shower and ask the ol if theres any prep H anywhere, That led to me telling the story to her. No I got no sympathy.