PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

It looks alright on a 320, as the hood lines are the same as the hood scoop, they angle in the same way, but Charlie was talking to me about this for his 520, and I told him what I thought, forget it.

I sent him a couple photos, it was easy talking him out of it.

DSCN1294.JPG

This one is particularly ugly.

DSCN1298.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like that 520 except for the scoop... :sleep:

Ok I think ive come up with a way to store my road tools, jack & misc. Datsun related items & have it kind of fit the theme of the truck.

My daughter & I made this all from scrap & we will give it a few more coats of laquer before securing it to the bed floor...

2u7rfcg.jpg

5fiv09.jpg

35jfoec.jpg

& I also made a plate frame the other day...bare metal of course..

2uo3mfk.jpg

these additions made possible because of a quote from Steroid...."save everything" :thumbup:

• Like 1

As Mark has said, "roadster season" has hit Bullhead City ! ! !   Here are shots from last Sunday and again on yesterday.

P1012303_zps3795964e.jpg

P1012310_zps1fa35836.jpg

P1012293_zpsbc6ccd89.jpg

P1012374_zps1380123c.jpg

We were amazed at the looks We get driving together "topless" ! !   People of all ages come over to see what We are creating. They also realize that We are building these Ourselves and not having them built by Our checkbooks ! !   Everyone walked away at Our photoshoots complementing Us on Our creativity.  What a pleasure to cast off the stress of Our daily lives ! !   SWDP ! ! !

• Like 1

Cruising the 620's in 70 degree weather is a joy ! The 1st & 3rd pics were taken @ Laughlin ranch golf course / gated community but that didnt stop us :rofl:  & Steroid is right..were bustin our knuckles building these trucks { & trailers} & love it.

Charlie i dont think its his new permanent home but more like a temp. home on wheels AKA...lets go to Quartsite !!

Charlie, The trailer will open up a whole new "hobby" for Us. The thought of weekend getaways and maybe a cross country trip one day is exciting. The trailer is roadworthy now and who knows what directions it will head ! ! !

Maybe one day 2 roadster 620s will visit Your town ! ! !

Off to In-N-Out ! ! !

P1012409_zpscfcaf73c.jpg

P1012411_zpscba38d4e.jpg

Naturally, these photos have been "Tony approved" ! ! !

• Like 1

I spent a few hours today cutting my roof....again ! Due to the carelessness of my so called brother in law the back window on the roof was destroyed a few years back. After that i decided not to put a window back in it seeing as i have no side windows. So after a few hours of cutting, welding & grinding ive started in on this.......

before...which is actually an after but lets say...post window breakage...

2pydnwo.jpg

I cut out this section...

1zyzrcn.jpg

rounded the edge a bit...

11r3pc2.jpg

& welded in fillers...

1zcjue.jpg

I then took the lip..made a few relief cuts then hammered it over..followed by lots of tack welds...

anes9f.jpg

35k0ih2.jpg

Im also ditching the rain gutter...

vwv1us.jpg

351xow3.jpg

Ill continue doing the rest of the window lip another day....

14tak21.jpg

• Like 1

it's nice to see that you are getting back on your 620 roof top. the more time you spend on it the better and more experience you will gain so that way when grimace is done and painted I can bring you the tan 521 to bag the rear and do the same top mod on it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok here we go again. I dared to drive the 74 to work last week [46 mile round trip] & she ran great going @ 330 am & 70 degrees. On the way home @ 230pm & 105 degrees it died @ the gas station & wouldnt restart. Noticed the fuel filter was dry & smelt a strong odor of gas. After sitting for 30 minutes it restarted & made it almost home...same deal it sputtered & died & i had a empty fuel filter. Finally made it home & smelt gas the whole way & the idle was off a bit. Im thinking i may have crap in the gas tank & or the Nikki fuel pump needs a new diaphram.

Although these seem like simple fixes im damm near over F-ing with this truck & am considering selling it. Still trying to decide what to do..i have so many hours into this 620 it'll be hard to see it go.

okay, mark, you need to do this.. 

first get rid of the engine driven fuel pump. 

youll need just a normal 3psi electric fuel pump. i put mine right next to the tank in the bed, but id suggest putting it as close to the tank as possible. 

the way i did it was running a full loop fuel system. 

from the pump, it goes to a T fitting by the carb. one T connection is from the tank/pump. use another to the carb. the last will end up as the return and will need some sort of restricter in it. i used a glass bead from my wifes beading shit but you could use one of those "press and turn" style regulators.  the return can be ran to the return port on the tank. 

this setup should build up at least 5psi if you want it to. my weber 38 holds 5 pounds at the needle and doesnt flood. im not sure if your weber will do the same. 

keeping the fuel moving around the system will keep it from vapor locking anymore.. 

nope it helps. 

• Like 1