PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Ok heres a status report on the 32/36. If the truck sits unstarted for more than 4-5 days it takes 5-6 turns of the key to get her to fire up.& even then i have to feather the pedal to keep her running & its a good 5 minutes before she'll idle. I have 12v going to the choke but i dont think its doing its job & may need an adjustment. & im getting a backfire through the carb upon warming up [timing issue] ?.  Carb has a new accel pump but was bought used years ago & prob needs a rebuild. I will say though once shes warmed up it runs great :geek:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know its december, but i cant imagine that its getting that cold in AZ?

ive preferred not to use the weber choke, and i loosen it and adjust it so its always open and just deal with a little coldbloodedness. 

maybe it doesnt need the choke. if its running better after a few minutes, its prolly the choke opening and letting it run right again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok after inspection i saw that the choke was pretty much wide open so i adjusted it so the butterflies are open about 1/4 inch.

It stars easier & warms up a bit quicker but im still getting the random carb backfire @ 40-45.

I retightened the carb base bolts & the intake bolts thinking i may have a vaccum leak.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i took a few new pics today for an update on the never ending 620 project...

Installed a new Viar compressor {thanks Datskaos} with new brackets too & ran power to a swith under the dash. It gets the air tank to where i need it in under 1.30...

2qb9gts.jpg

swapped on steering wheel #4...got this for $10 @ the yard...

2guk5uf.jpg

& the bare metal Rat a former Ratsun member made me...

280ul20.jpg

& this shot shows the bed extension pretty good & my manual E brake [rock]...

17xoi8.jpg

Ive been driving the 620 to work all week [46 mile round trip] & since adjusting the choke she starts alot easier & doesnt take as long to get "warmed up". I think sometime down the road I'd like to put a NEW Weber 32/36 on it & or have the current carb rebuilt. Heres a pic from last years BBQ...

99qemc.jpg

• Like 1

During "our" summers my ass is in the river as much as possible :w00t:

I did a few small things to the 620 today...one was a must seeing as my stock cig lighter is non functional & the other was for fun.

I took a single gauge mount, welded a cover over it ten cut out for the cig. lighter. Now i can charge my cell phone if need be...

2me39jp.jpg

next thing is a different way to mount my SWDP plate & maybe the plaque. I borrowed the idea from Steroid :poke:

i coutersunk some 3/8 round stock into the bed rail & welded them in place...

2dtt63k.jpg

then took a 720 rear plate mount & welded solid stock to the backside...

210ybtx.jpg

2ebznmc.jpg

w0tl4h.jpg

i may mount a Datsun dealer plate frame to it next...& btw im leaving the plate mount bare metal & ill clear it once some rust develops..

2pzwspe.jpg

nice to see you taking some time off my project and enjoying your 620 lord knows you need it with all the work you have been doing a lot with your job, my truck, steroid's dually long bed crewcab. I may want to do the same on the SWDP  license plate/plaque

What roadster look would that be?

We were discussing making Genes roof removable like mine. I can do it & have the skills & its up to him but ill say this...the main reason i cut my top off was is had a old school sunroof in it w/ no latch & many many dings. I used a roof off a different 620 for the one that bolts off & on.

We were discussing making Genes roof removable like mine. I can do it & have the skills & its up to him but ill say this...the main reason i cut my top off was is had a old school sunroof in it w/ no latch & many many dings. I used a roof off a different 620 for the one that bolts off & on.

I was thinking a roadster hood scoop or something, was going to tell him to forget it.

It just don't work, the lines need to go with each other, not in different directions.

DSCN1301.JPG