• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok time to update. Ran into a vapor lock issue coming back from Parker & had to be towed home. Since then i installed the fuel pump spacer / insulator & i think its all good now. Been thinking about modding the roof seeing as my back glass is gone...may be a winter (65 degrees nov-april :)... project.

• 1 month later...

Ok the vapor locking issue is gone..i drove it to our SWDP bbq last week there no problem. Halfway back i developed a pinhole leak in 1 of the rad.hoses & by the time i pulled over the head gasket had been comprimised. Steam out of the tailpipe & it barely runs but...the oil & water have not mixed ! Huge TY to Datskaos for towing it to his place & babysitting it till she makes it home. Looks like ive got more work ahead of me when it kools off here [November] :crying:  Heres a pic from last weekend...

5jxrgn.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gene everything will be good to go by then.Took her to a show yesterday & had a agood time w/ Steroid & Nevtony. Nothing like cruising topless in 85 degree weather in November :thumbup:

1g39t.jpg

2gxgv9l.jpg

I think ill start working on getting the front bagged now.Hint hint...it wont be done the traditional way...... :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice Mazda Dave !

In response to Steroids Mega ?....the answer is Phone ! To be more specific I installed my VW stinger last week for a different look.. 

Damm thats lookin so sweet. Love the stinger. Been actually thinking of one for myself but only sticking out about 8 inches. Ah what the hell..Where or how did you get the back of the pumpkin chromed?  Tell me more!!

sni05x.jpg

71371z.jpg

yes it sticks out too far & no im not cutting it B)

& a random side pic...yes we have palm trees in AZ ;)

349ez4h.jpg

Gene everything will be good to go by then.Took her to a show yesterday & had a agood time w/ Steroid & Nevtony. Nothing like cruising topless in 85 degree weather in November :thumbup:

1g39t.jpg

2gxgv9l.jpg

I think ill start working on getting the front bagged now.Hint hint...it wont be done the traditional way...... :thumbup:

Can you show me some close up pics of the workmanship on your convertible conversion?  Remember we talked about a targa for my 79KC?  Well, things are coming together and starting to think about it again...

Ok i spent about an hour on the 620 today & got the cut lines re-marked & got the sawzall & jigsaw out & got the roof removed! I used the big saw to go through the double walled sections & the little one to rip the rest.

1016rooflines.jpg

1016rooflines2.jpg

The open areas next to the seats will have filler plates welded in [already made] & the same thing on the windshield area....

1016roofoff.jpg

1016roofoff2.jpg

this is where the seat belts will be anchored. Ill cut a hole & weld in a nut & maybe a brace inside the body...

1016seatbelt.jpg

the old roof...Mike the sunroff will be returned to you @ Reso biggrin.gif

1016oldroof.jpg

the new roof set in place. I still need to trim the ends so it'll sit flush. Basically it'll overlap the existing /remaining roof section & brackets will be welded in so the roof can be bolted in place....

1016newroofon.jpg

1016newroofon2.jpg

1016newroofon3.jpg

I also plan on removing the rain gutters & welding the door frames onto the roof & A pillar.

PCD this is all good.  Should of been paying attention to the thread before I asked about Pics...Sorry man I'll get me some coffee now...

All Us guys used to get Moon hubcaps and wire them to cover Our differentials. I, personally, have always used long screen door springs, which are cut to size and then stretched around the rearend on each side to keep it in place. Mark can tell You firsthand what a Moon hubcap will do if it comes undone ! ! Makes for a GREAT Youtube video ! ! !  Years later some enterprizing guy with an injection molding system started making covers with "nuts" that resembled real rearend covers. These were somehow chromed and looked pretty cool. If You find an old photo of My blue 1978 kingcab You will see that I used a Morris Minor hubcap that I put 7/16" head sheetmetal screws in. I'll try to post that pic later but now I have to attack a turkey ! ! HAPPY T DAY EVERYONE ! ! !