PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so as a test I removed the thermostat & ran it like that. Once i got home from work the water level was low. Water pump is newer so im guessing I have some blockage in the radiator.

The shell will go away or it may get turned into a bed cover :-)

Javin I know the site hasnt been updated in a long time..sorry.

• Like 2

Mark is your heater hooked up?  You have the thermostat out through some flush in it and run it for a day or so then do a back flush with your garden hose.  Put it back together and check for leaks. run it for a day or so without antifreeze to be sure you have no leaks drain it fill with antifreeze and distilled water.  50/50 mix..

Ok today i flushed the radiator & heater core with a product made by Bars. The color of the liquid that came of was brown with some clear mixed in LoL. I then removed & plugged the upper rad. port & backflushed the block & more brown crap came flowing out. Then filled with 50-50 & now i can see the coolant flow L to R quite rapidly. Ill drive it to work tomorrow & report back & if the coolant level stays the same ill toss in a failsafe thermostat & call it good. I decided to make an overflow bottle & a base for it as well..sorry the pic is crooked...

29wpqig.jpg

• Like 2

Ok i drove it to & from work yesterday & surprise...the coolant level didnt change !

Ill leave the thermostat out for now..i doubt itll effect anything.

Dont have a functioning temp. gauge yet so not sure what that reading was but im sure since its not summer yet itll be ok.

Gene..i can make you one too if you want :thumbup:

• Like 1

How's my tailgate and why is there a camper shell on grimace. How about a video of grimace. I think you need a baffle on that stinger. Charlie says you can't get any work on the besides if there is a shell on the bed. Ha ha

• Like 1