PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allright a few weeks ago i aquired for free some bamboo paneling from one of my work stops down in Lake Havasu & today i spent an hour making new door panels & also cut a piece for behind the seats.

27zc1a9.jpg

2gsjvkl.jpg

The old bamboo i may use on the boat down the road.

• Like 3

Charlie i drove it to work a few times which is a 46 mile round trip. Coolant level was fine & overflow bottle seemed to be working. Until the other day when I got home the coolant was down 32 ozs. With the cap off I can see it flowi but without a working temp gauge im jot able to monitor the temp. The radiator was making the bubbling sound when I got home so im guessing theres blockage. Ill save up for a new radiator...again.

• Like 1

Mark is there a radiator shop close to you, Bullhead or surrounding area?  If there is pull the radiator and have the shop test it for flow and leaks.  I get radiators clean, rodded, and repaired for $65 down here.  That is if the core is hood.  In case you are unfamiliar with the term "rodding" it is where the shop removes the radiator tanks and physically pushes gauged rods through each core tube to clear any debris and obstructions.

I purchased a Mexican Modine radiator a few years ago from Hawks Radiator here in Phoenix for $225.  At the time I purchased it it was the last copper/brass 3 core radiator they had and I had it shipped in from another state.  I bought it to use in my 520 but It was to tall.  Tom has it now.  

I was just quoted $350 to re-core my 720 copper/brass radiator.  I can buy new from Nissan for the same money.

Everything now is either custom aluminum "racing" radiators or aluminum cores with plastic tanks.  Later is what I put in mt 720.  It is a single 1" core and does not cool well enough in the summer to run my AC.

Soon as I can afford the it I will be re-coring my old radiator.  The problem I have buying from Nissan is no one can tell me how many cores the Nissan radiators have.  My original to the truck was a 2 core.  I am adding an Automatic transmission so I want to run the 3 core.

• Like 1

I gotta say that this is the easiest way I ever heard of to count the cores, I have always done it from the outside, I cannot believe that I never thought of counting them it this way, it's so easy it is stupid, sometimes my brain gets in the way of the easy way to do things, when I seen the comment made below, I thought I must be retarded. :lol:

Remove Radiator cap and count the number of tube openings you see.  It will be 2 or 3.

• Like 2

Mark if was great seeing you and getting to visit with you and Tony.  Had a great time!  We got home about 7:30 tonight. 

Be seeing you soon probably as we have to go back up and pickup a 720 ST that I am buying.  Power windows and door locks.  It is a true ST with moon roof (missing the glass), tac, clock., oil pressure, volt meter, 3 ST wheels, steering wheel and the ST stainless tailgate trim. It has a good running Z24 with a Weber 32/36 and a 5 speed..  It has front end damage hood and fenders.  Need to look at it better.

Soon as Obama releases my income tax return I am headed up to get the truck

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...