PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Ok i slowly dove into the truck today after work. I put a new fuel line from the pump to carb after discovering the other one had come loose & was a tad too wide for the pump outlet / dripping. & the accel pump on the Weber had indeed been replaced by me & is working fine.  I also reattached the air dam & rollpan that got caught on the tow truck. Soon ill get a new battery for it & see if she'll fire.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we need to wait until next summer to get a complete it's good on the engine running?

Glad to here you have it running again.

HaHa..i drove it to work today 46 miles total & no issues. I did have to re tighten the hose clamp on the fuel line coming off the tank to the filter but thats easy. I rewired the compressor switch so thats dealt with too. If she continues to run good it'll be a semi daily driver.

• Like 1

Good news, I like it :D

I hope you have finally satisfied that Gremlin.

Yes me too Charlie & THX Redeye. The "C" clip that holds the shifter pin in place decided to come out in traffic today LoL ! Bought a few extras & made it home. I may switch to a grade 8 bolt & nut then drill a hole for a cotter pin & ditch the pin altogether. I also have the "charge" light going on & off which is fun. The Alt. is new so im not worried too much. The dash has always had issues IE...pegged temp gauge & a iffy fuel gauge so the charge light deal goes along with that i guess.

Mark we can go through your wire harness.

If i ever get the stones required ill yank the stock harness & install a painless kit.

Today i made some beefy brackets & welded them on the ends of the custom carrier bearing crossmember i installed many moons ago. It seems i kinda drug thru one side :geek: . Also noticed the E brake bracket was slightly out of shape & i massaged it a bit.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...