PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent a few hours today working on a VW connecting rod that i want as a new shifter. It was rusted bad..took a wire wheel & brush to it & after a few hours its done.Ill leave it bare metal & i also made a new shift boot thats secured to the floor under the console.

mhcmu.jpg

1iyc78.jpg

zlymxj.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

In preperation for WCN in April I am working on the air bag system.

I added a 2nd air tank after giving it a "rough" look & made some brackets for a 2nd battery that will power the air compressor.

& I welded on an old bed hook to the wheel well that will secure the black hose on the new tank.

v4chl4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

need more updates! :).... and You need to make me a hard top like yours... My hard top is ghetto, I used chrome vw baja hood clamps to clamp the top and some lowes home gate latches on bottom but I need to get those outta there and get another set of baja's. Also My roof is pretty sad overall with lots of ripples in the top :( Heres a current pic of my vert... go vert 620's! :) Also planning on a backwards dump soon... :)

532011_4736509369786_107358261_n.jpg

542537_4584000717165_659789292_n.jpg

Mike- the Huss-O-meter is mounted under the bed :)

Sick620- ive only used my roof a few times & since im in AZ now its holding up the brick wall..lol.

I like your truck alot..takes guts to go roofless where it snows.

I have a few more tricks im working on & pix to follow.

Nice Mazda Dave !

In response to Steroids Mega ?....the answer is Phone ! To be more specific I installed my VW stinger last week for a different look..

sni05x.jpg

71371z.jpg

yes it sticks out too far & no im not cutting it B)

& a random side pic...yes we have palm trees in AZ ;)

349ez4h.jpg

pcd: i was gonna use my vw stinger on grimace but the way i wanted installed was come out thru the middle between tail lights. i still may do that but if i do then i cant mount spare tire where it needs to go. and my license plate will be in the way. any ideas