PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok i came up with an idea for door mirrors that fit the theme of the truck using Datsun & VW parts. The curved parts are 510 strut coils & the gears are what i believe to be VW trans. gears. I will grind the surface down a bit so that the mirror glass will sit flush & they will remain bare metal... :devil: 

33uzrly.jpg

mjs26x.jpg

aavzn6.jpg

2629s37.jpg

• Like 1

Very helpful ty Charlie ! This part will hopefully be used when i make a fuel return line down the road.

Today i redid a few things that were bugging me for awhile.

I shortened the fuel line & made a bracket that gets it away from the valve cover / heat...

I shortened the lower rad. bypass hose & bolted it to the cover plate on the head...

& im installing a mechanical Sunpro temp. gauge. The probe is mounted to a section of tubing between the upper rad hose..

n2crp1.jpg

The gauge will go here...i made a bracket to hold it in place..

23qxa1d.jpg

• Like 1

Charlie yes those pics with descriptions make is clear now thanks !

I redid the temp sender yesterday to a design that will function & last..huge TY to Charlie for inspiring me HaHa. I used a section of exhaust pipe, drilled a large hole in it then welded a threaded sleeve onto the pipe, the temp probe fitting screws into that & the probe into that, i welded a nut to the sleeve that serves as a ground for the gauge. This was a $5 solution & i now have a functioning temp gauge FINALLY !!!!

dpk976.jpg

I also have "made fit" an exhaust shield that came off a 99 Frontier. It goes from just in front of the seat to the Flowmaster 40. I made simple brackets that clamp over the exhaust pipe in a few spots. This should help keep the floor kooler & some of the heat from coming into the cab via the windowless roof / cab... :angel:

219x45v.jpg

& just because i love tailgaters so much i made these metal pieces for the mudflaps that "may" hit the road if somebody gets too close...hey I cant control gravity :blink:

291cql0.jpg

• Like 2

My point exactly.  Not sure when I will be able to ship it to you.  I will do it as soon as possible.

Not in a hurry at all. Ill probably pull the one off Tony's truck this weekend & run that one. The one you send can be a backup or used on Darrens 620 in vegas.

Heres the part i need...the top line is coming from the fuel pump & the botton one is the return. The smaller line looks to be for vaccum advance / i wont need that. TY Charlie for letting me know the L 20's had this part !!

2vdo7qh.jpg

& one more "device" for tailgaters & or drivers that i feel need to "wake up"...hope they're windows are rolled up ! Not fully installed.....yet :devil:

jb73lx.jpg

• Like 2

The small vacuum line can be used for your distributor vacuum advance.

Oh yes it can be & now that i have the part in hand i can see that :w00t:

The bottom line comes from the fuel pump & the top one is the return. One of the small lines was used for vaccum advance & the other came off the upper radiator jacket & ran to the base of the carb right next to the vac. adv. port. Ill plug the one i dont use. TY Tony for selling me this part !!

2ic0js2.jpg

• Like 1