PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

Mark also is the oil looks milky it has water in it.  Does someone you know have a compression tester?  You can probably get one at O'reilly's or Auto Zone as a borrowed tool.  You pay for the tool and when you bring it back undamaged with your recite you get your money back.

Call me I need to talk to you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mark called this evening and told me that the new engine starts and runs great but it smokes between gears.  He said that there is a light stream of oil running down from #1 exhaust port.

I suggested that he might have a cracked valve seal.  This engine sat for years and might have had this problem when Mark picked it up.

I explained to him how to replace valve seals without pulling the head and also explained running a dry and wet compression test.

He is going to check it out.  In the mean time I ordered a set of valve seals from Rock Auto for him.  He should have them by the first of next week.

• 2 weeks later...

A huge TY to Charlie for helping me with the wiring issues the truck is having.

I'm having to rewire the fuse block which takes time & to add to the fun...not all of the wires in the harness match the 74 wiring diagram in terms if colors.

• Like 3

Mark I asked Gene if he was willing to drive me up there to get your wiring done and he said it would have to be on a Monday or Tuesday.  Is either one of these days of the week doable for you for a day off?  I would prefer Monday so Gene would have a day off work after the trip.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that you can get it fixed cuz I need to start moving all my stuff into storage and I don't think the new owners of my house will let me have up to a month to move out completely from my current location

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok following the diagram Charlie made for me today I was able to eliminate a few wires that weren't needed & add a few that need to be there.

I've now got the fuse block wired correctly with the exception of a few wires that simply aren't on the factory harness & the truck starts & doesn't blow any fuses.

I have an issue at the Alt. plug thats causing the charge light to stay on but as of today I can start & move the truck .

I can't thank Charlie & Gene enough for helping me figure this mess out.

• Like 1