PCD's 74 620 progress/build up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok heres the rack as of a few days ago. I applied 3 coats of colonial maple stain so it matches the steering wheel. Waiting now for the metal to rust up a bit more then ill clear gloss the entire rack. I 'aged" the wood by placing rusty pieces of metal over the wood then getting it wet a few times...

2lxze3d.jpg

• Like 2

Allright..I've removed the black paint & I'll leave the brass exposed & painted the rest grey. Im guessing this radiator came out of an automatic seeing that is has the 2 ports on the bottom plus it's a 3 core which will help keep it kooler.  Ill run a hose from one to the other to eliminate that issue & ill run a factory metal shroud on this one that may or may not be painted...

2hyic5s.jpg

• Like 2

what did you use to make the brass shine up and black paint to be removed. i will trade you 1 of mine so that way you don't have to worry about transmission lines sticking out and metal shroud clearance issues

• Like 1

what did you use to make the brass shine up and black paint to be removed. i will trade you 1 of mine so that way you don't have to worry about transmission lines sticking out and metal shroud clearance issues

TY Redeye for cleaning up that mess.

Gene i used brush on paint remover & a wire brush followed by alot of hand sanding to get the black paint off. The shroud is no biggie..the lower holes dont line up so ill make a few tabs.

• Like 2