Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this topic last night .. and today i found my self looking for a 620 or 720. so thanks to you .. What a hell I'm going to say at home .. she's gonna kill me .. F *** last time i Said there are no more datsuns comig three cars was a past ...

I got quite a scare coming back from JCCS. Truck shut off on the transition curve from the 710 to the 91 west. I wouldn't turn over at first and after 2 minutes it started up and didn't want to idle. I managed to drive it home and haven't driven it since. Might have a vacuum leak or something but none the less it scared me for a minute. Hoping to tow to the SWDP BBQ this sunday, but I just might drive it instead if I can get some time to fix the issue with low vacuum at iddle (only when cold).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I scored some rocker arms from the J/Y to finally silence those annoying ticking lifters. I did some cleaning and soaked them in oil.

IMG_1346a.jpg

IMG_1356a.jpg

Installed them today. I drove it around and the lifter filled up and sound smooth. Now for some HWY driving this weekend to see if it really worked.

I know I've oogled and oogled over this truck before, but I can't just get enough of it! Its a addiction....bad, bad addiction...or is it good? Any luck finding the phantom grille again? I would love one for mine.

No luck yet... I took mine off but I want to save it since it's become impossible to find, like the clear corner lights.

no solid lifter conversion yet??

Nope... that's on hold. I want to tune it and get the rear end situated before I go all out on the head. Hopefully this will fix it for now till I can afford the cam and solid lifters.

• 2 weeks later...

So does the toyota hub fit without any mod?

Nope... there is some machining involved. I'm working on putting together a tutorial with pics on how I'm going about doing this.

Here's some comparison pics.

Yota hub on Nissan spindle.

IMG_1454a.jpg

Nissan hub/spindle.

IMG_1452a.jpg