Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update... working on the tranny.

Went to the dealer and picked up some goodies.

IMG_0319a.jpg

Throw-out bearing.

IMG_0324a.jpg

Just as I suspected... the guy who rebuilt my tranny the last time used silicone only to seal the front cover.

IMG_0321a.jpg

IMG_0322a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nicest 720 I have ever seen, hope you are going to use a Centerforce clutch. I used to have a Mitsu GSX and a stock clutch will not last behind a turbo engine. Sure wish all those photos weren't deleted, so I could see all the progress. biggrin.gif

WAIT !!! before you install that pilot bushing for the trans...

do yourself a huuuge favor- go buy a 'needle bearing' style pilot bush instead of that brass one. The brass ones will eventually shred and make you think your throwout bearing is going out.

i think this one is for mazda, but they do make them for KA's http://www.frsport.com/Mazda-OEM-Replacement-Crankshaft-Clutch-Pilot-Bearing_p_8929.html

i did it and upgraded to Nismo bearing as well as Nismo fork pivot bearing. never have to fix it again...

Nicest 720 I have ever seen, hope you are going to use a Centerforce clutch. I used to have a Mitsu GSX and a stock clutch will not last behind a turbo engine. Sure wish all those photos weren't deleted, so I could see all the progress. biggrin.gif

Thanks, not using a centerforce. Went with Gripforce 300zx Stage III clutch.

IMG_0788a.jpg

IMG_0790a.jpg

WAIT !!! before you install that pilot bushing for the trans...

do yourself a huuuge favor- go buy a 'needle bearing' style pilot bush instead of that brass one. The brass ones will eventually shred and make you think your throwout bearing is going out.

i think this one is for mazda, but they do make them for KA's http://www.frsport.com/Mazda-OEM-Replacement-Crankshaft-Clutch-Pilot-Bearing_p_8929.html

i did it and upgraded to Nismo bearing as well as Nismo fork pivot bearing. never have to fix it again...

Pilot bushing was already in... I used the Nissan pilot bushing instead of the one that comes with the kit. Same for the T/O bearing.

The pivot was fine. What is the difference between the Nismo one and the OEM one?