Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend the leaky slave cylinder decided to give out and leave me stranded. The GF was not happy about that, she already hates it when I drive fast. Good thing there was a gas station nearby, I was able to add brake fluid and drive it home (barely made it).

Today I decided to change the slave cylinder till I can save up for the clutch. I test fitted the 240sx slave and found the stock line will not clear the torsion bar.

IMG_0102a.jpg

Good thing I also had a new truck slave cylinder. This will do for now till I get a new SS line with a banjo fitting that I ordered.

IMG_0105a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After much searching and tunning I found the problem with my truck not running right at 1-2% throttle. There was a vacuum leak that was being caused by the shaft on the throttle body. Good thing I had a spare and got it fixed. I drove the truck to Moreno Valley (Inland Empire Datsun meet), good 1 and 45 minute drive and the truck ran great.

IMG_0281a.jpg

Today I took a trip to the junk yard and found some parts I've needed for my truck and a few spares to work on.

IMG_0288a.jpg

what does the clutch damper do?

It dampens I guess.... LOL. It seems to hold a release the clutch at a slower rate when you press or release the pedal too fast. It allows the clutch to slip abit and make it more forgiving.

i got a question for ya how do you get this thing to pass cali smog?

I still have a few more months to figure that out.