Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

Yesterday I decided to fix my leaking clutch master cylinder. It was leaking into the cab and also from the reservoir.

IMG_1529A.jpg

Because of the way the inner fenders are, I have to remove the reservoir in order to remove or install the mc. I got it all mounted up and ready to go when I notice the shaft is too short. Needless to say I was not pleased that I had to remove it again. I got the C-clips off and swapped the shaft to fix it.

IMG_1535a.jpg

IMG_1537a.jpg

Today I finally got it done.

IMG_1540a.jpg

IMG_1541a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn bro, loving this build!! Tell me your comin to Canby next year! looking on forum is cool but haveing it in front of you live is always better. But I warn you, you will have Datto overload!! You think you have a crapton of ideas to do to it now, meets always make it 10 times worse. I love going to them for that reason, you get input from so many others and it helps you take it a notch farther, if you are will to listen!! ;)

I was fortunate and was able to meet Nis720 (Moises) and to see his truck in person at the 2010 South West Datsun Pickup (SWDP) 2010 BBQ. This truck is amazing in person. Moises is a true craftsman & artist using his 720 as a canvas to bring to life his creations. This man's skills go far beyond the average back yard mechanic. It is truly a work of art. The intricate details and some bold and some unusual mods make this truck stand in a class of it's own. Keep up the postings. I have enjoyed watching the transformation of this 720.

I was fortunate and was able to meet Nis720 (Moises) and to see his truck in person at the 2010 South West Datsun Pickup (SWDP) 2010 BBQ. This truck is amazing in person. Moises is a true craftsman & artist using his 720 as a canvas to bring to life his creations. This man's skills go far beyond the average back yard mechanic. It is truly a work of art. The intricate details and some bold and some unusual mods make this truck stand in a class of it's own. Keep up the postings. I have enjoyed watching the transformation of this 720.

True charlie.

But the sad thing is the truck has so many little things most people don't even notice. They can't get past the engine bay. :lol:

Isn't the Toyota 5 lug front hub conversion a bolt on ?

The Toyota hub does share the same bearing as the nissan. While the Toyota hub does mount onto the nissan spindle the outer bearing does not sit completely on the shaft and will cause the bearing to seize. To correct this I had the hubs machined (Done by mklotz70). Here's a few pics I took during mock up (before machining the hubs). You can see the nut doesn't go all the way in to where it's suppose to.

Nissan hub

IMG_1452a.jpg

Toyota Hub

IMG_1454a.jpg

The bearing needs to be changed? Or is that on the 80-82 720s?

This mod works on 83-up 720's and D21's. Actually the spindles are Belltech drop spindles made for a D21's but with a 1/4" spacer for the caliper bracket allows for them to be used on 83-86 720's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...