Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

This weekend I was able to work on some of the pieces for the engine... hopefully I'll have updates soon on that.

Last night I drove the truck and made a few stops, including my friends new show where I've been working.

254081_10150214362527776_652797775_7360380_2663625_n.jpg

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why dont you cover your door panels with carbon fiber cloth, put on some epoxy resin, and polish? It would be cheaper than buying a set.

That is the plan at this point. In the meantime I think I'll just fiberglass them and paint them. Still undecided on what to do. Way too many things going on at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

are you gonna retain the stock suspension mounts on the diff for maybe some sort of traction aid?

kinda the first thing that came to mind when i saw those... a link going from that point to a point on the frame right next to the front leaf mount. would help alot with axle wrap if done with the right angles...

are you gonna retain the stock suspension mounts on the diff for maybe some sort of traction aid?

kinda the first thing that came to mind when i saw those... a link going from that point to a point on the frame right next to the front leaf mount. would help alot with axle wrap if done with the right angles...

I was planning on just bolting it on using the spring perches only till I save up some more $$$ for a 4 link and coilovers. Still haven't finalized that yet so who knows.

Today I threw everthing together and measured.... everything is looking good so far.

IMG_3522a.jpg

Housing length.

IMG_3496a.jpg

Axle offset from the flange.

IMG_3510a.jpg

Overall length (minus the rotor thickness).

IMG_3502a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I got my TA Performance Girdle for the Ford 8.8 and Cobra rear caliper brackets (still need rotors and calipers)... Not doing anything else to the truck till after JCCS. This weekend I hope to be able to attend the SWDP BBQ.

Do you have the part number for that brembo brake?

The Brembo Calipers are off a Mitsubishi EVO 8 or 9. It requires custom brackets to mount these on the Nissan spindles.

The Subaru STI Brembos are similar in size but the bolt pattern is a bit different (if you're making custom brackets it really doesn't matter).