Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No side shot of them badass rear wheels???????

Your truck has a great ass :lol: That last shot of the rear looks really sick.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that rear end is just bangorang. i love seeing those discs peeking through... that's always a killer for me on our trucks normally- everything looks sick until you spot old ass drum brakes!!

Thanks for the compliments.

god those look good on there. just curious whats the weight of one of those wheels with the tires?

I'll see about getting the weight when I get a chance.

You said you are going to flare the rear... Are you gonna use stock 720 flares or something aftermarket?

I want to cut the rear arch to match the front and make the stance level on the truck. I want to flare the stock sheet metal like the 240 guys do. My friend wants me to graft some flares from another car, but I want a more unique/stock look to it.

Here's what I have in mind.

4308317863_12a8d6b2cf_b.jpg

There is a billet elephant cap around the forum somewhere....

Loving the rig! So you gonna make it to Canby?

Don't think Canby will be possible this year. But I'll see if I can convince my friend (and my GF).

So I have a question. What is the thang on your distributor covering the boots on the plug wires? I've looked but I can never find a name or it's function. I figure it's like a heat shield but I'm not sure.

The big rubber part on the distrubutor is a dust boot I got off a 240sx. The individual boots closer to the head are DEI protect-a-boots.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-010501/

Wow that fender looks great! Is that just a lot of patience or did you add any heat to it?

I pretty much hammered it out to get the bubble flare I wanted. I just used the roller to make the arch even. I did torch it to remove the paint and make it easier to shape.

The front won't be as drastic so the roller will come in handy and will require heat to keep the paint from cracking or chipping.

• 2 weeks later...