Project "Against the grain" turbo720 build

nis720

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! hows the heat treating the wraps?

It hasn't been out much in the sun, but the few times it has it looks good.

It looks good but unbalanced to me, like somthing is missing.

I'm trying to keep it simple for now. We are in talks of wrapping the whole truck prior to the new paint job.

More low.... hehe

Yeah... Coilovers are in the plans and more low for sure once I relocate the gas tank.

that lower valance would look good wrapped ;)

I wanted to but it's too much work to take it off.... intercooler is on the way.

• Like 1

your using z series transmissions right? isnt this the 3rd or 4th time?

Yeah.. it's FS5W71B tranny that originally came with the truck. As far as me breaking gears it's the second time, now it's 5th gear thats gone (how I managed that I have no idea). I've had to replace the bearings 2 or 3 time prior to that, till I finally replaced them with sealed bearings. For now I'm going to have to borrow my friends FS5W71B to make it to JCCS. My plans are to eventually go with a FSW71C out of a Hardbody or 240sx. That means the custom driveshaft I have now will need to be shortened a few inches.

swap in a z3 tranny perhaps?

I thought about it, but the size would require I redo the whole trans tunnel because of the width. Not to mention the additional cost of the adapter plate for VG to KA. For now I'm going to just run the stock tranny and take it easy (yeah right) and switch over to a 240sx tranny after JCCS.

Last night I drained the oil and found this:

253474_10151067805642776_927518450_n.jpg

I was expecting more damage but I guess that explains why it was still drivable. So hopefully just a 5th gear is needed.

My friend Jose let me borrow his FS5W71B out of his truck (currently dual cam KA swapped) so I can roll to JCCS. We installed it last night.... big relief.

644581_10151068800847776_1548097115_n.jpg

Pretty bold to start doing stuff one week before JCCS.... YOLO!

090712-1.jpg

What are you doing to your truck.My tans is leaking and i still need to tune it but got no time,i work this week and only the thing im doing is dropping it off to get the tonneau cover made and putting carpet in my truck.I did not get the time to do my coil overs and i wanted to lower my bed skirts but tick tock tick tock.