• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

swap in a z3 tranny perhaps?

Last week I was talking to the guy with the green goon that was at JCCS. He and his brother convinced me to go Z32 tranny now. Originally planned to do KA tranny but the guy that did all the fab work on the goon said they were breaking SR tranies like nothing. So it's either the Z32 tranny or take off the turbo to keep from breaking trannies.

I already have a bulletproof rear end, might as well have the tranny to match so I can enjoy the truck without worrying about breaking something.... maybe just tires.

• Like 1

haha, awesome... I was looking into z32 tranny's. I believe the bell housing needs to be machined down about .5 inches. I think someone sells an adapter for it. Thats what all the monster ka turbo guys are using.

Or maybe just get crappy tires so you don't hook up. that will save your trans. hah.

• Like 1

There are a few products available and in development for us SR20 guys....

gkTech is in Australia and developing a whole bell housing alternative to adapter plates.

They are doing SR20 to RB25/Z32 gearbox bell housings.

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/

https://www.facebook...&type=1

https://www.facebook...pg&size=765,480

FRsport Kit using the VG. Comes with everything. Not that we would be abe to use drive shaft but I am sure the kit can be modified....

http://www.frsport.c...is_p_16590.html

There are a few more I have seen but I'm being lazy right now.....

The Xcessive kit does not require machining the bellhousing. It uses a spacer between the flywheel and the crank. But it kicks the tranny 1/2" back. I also requires the Z32 starter (I don't have enough room for this)

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=47&step=4&pid=212

The one I plan to use is the Mazworx kit that does require you machine the bell housing but no spacer needed and I can use the same starter.

http://www.mazworx.com/product/drivetrain/enginetrans-adapter-kits/individual-adapter-plates/kavg-adapter-plate-w-hardware

• 5 months later...
Ya, I'm familiar with the Mazworx one too. When they built my motor, they mentioned I will eventually need to upgrade my tranny.

Some of the guys I know with built SR's have this upgrade already.

6-speed from the g/350? There's an adapter plate for it to mate up to the sr/ Ka.

They don't show any on Mazworx or Xcessive for a KA... I remember seeing post about an SR plate.

I've emailed Jim wolf and they have a 6 speed adaptor set up in development or so they told me mid last year

I did consider the 6 speed, but it's also expensive and hard to find.

Wow, I thought this thread went to die in a corner somewhere like mine did. Hahahaha

Glad to see your back at it bro! 

This post just got buried and I was too lazy to dig it up till now. I've manage to break a few things and fix them along the way. Recently broke some 4" lowering blocks.

IMG_6515a_zpsd4ad7794.jpg

Also have a collection of parts that are waiting to be put on.. but I keep getting sidetracked with fixing broken stuff.

IMG_6183a_zpse5bfe679.jpg

IMG_6173a_zps3cf9852b.jpg

I think "Polished Head" means just the ports bro... hahahahaha 

Nice parts, Keep updating!

DOH (Homer voice). I've been wanting to get that done sooner but like I said I keep getting side tracked. I have so many plans to redo a bunch of things but I don't want down time (even though I don't drive it as much as I would like). Once the trans goes in I'm starting the head.... while I see what else breaks.

Here's one more pic of things to come.

IMG_4749a.jpg

solid lifters, sweet.  Did you make those or buy them?  Do they have a lock washer on them or anything?

I bought them... they are made by O&J Performance. The cam is also from O&J and it's a stage II for the mechanical lifters. The springs are Pioneer.

Where you been? How's the wagon coming along?

Putting in some good hours with work, so taking advantage of it.  Wagon is a garage ornament at the moment, but planning on putting in some time this coming week.  Its close though.  I've been itching to finish it and test drive it, thats why I got to stay away from reading all these project post.  I feel like a crack addict when i look at everybody's sweet projects, i just want to go hide away in the garage for a couple weeks and tweak out on the wagon. hah!

whenever I go for coffee with an excoworker that has a 720 I show her your thread as inspiration for her, the first time I showed her your thread I think she got a little excited.

LOL... wish my GF got excited about me working on my truck.

Past few weeks I've been working a spare harness I had laying around, but most of the connectors were corroded pretty bad. So I decided to pull out the one in the truck and do a wire tuck and clean up all the wiring inside the cab.

IMG_6623a_zps51c048eb.jpg

IMG_6656a_zps5fb15d15.jpg

I found the corrosion in my current harness. This is the wires for the injectors.

IMG_6657a_zps8f961683.jpg