What datsun started your addiction?

What Datsun started your addiction?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What Datsun started your addiction?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a blue Rotary 510 that was in Sport Compact Cars USCC a few years back. It was really low and didin't have bumpers. Before that I knew what a 510 was and thought they were cool, after that I had to have one. From then on it has been the 510 that has had my heart.

My first love was a '66 520. $100 and Mom let me drive it home at 14. Drove the crap out of that poor truck till my 18th b-day.

Had 3 differant 521's in a few years stretch. Jump ahead about 15 years and it's like I have met my high school sweatheart. We are just catching up on lost time.

I have to agree with Mike though. I like all of them. I love my KC 620, but, I really want to add a 240Z, a Roaster and an NL to my stable. Oh, and a 720 KC 4X4. That's not being gready........Is it? :D

My first love was a '66 520. $100 and Mom let me drive it home at 14. Drove the crap out of that poor truck till my 18th b-day.

Had 3 differant 521's in a few years stretch. Jump ahead about 15 years and it's like I have met my high school sweatheart. We are just catching up on lost time.

I have to agree with Mike though. I like all of them. I love my KC 620, but, I really want to add a 240Z, a Roaster and an NL to my stable. Oh, and a

720 KC 4X4. That's not being gready........Is it? :D

Jester

There was some nice clean 720 kc 4x4s on CL for a while, ~$500, with blown head gaskets.. They looked new, nice and adult owned too!! Good luck, keep your eyes peeled :D

it was actually my second 510, a wagon that got me hooked!

Here are a couple shots of my first 510 on an "off" day in 1988

when i rolled my 4 door(around that same year), not racing, but on a 'test' drive, it ended looking much worse than yours...but we did roll it back over and drive home. it was totalled.

for me my first car, my 79 280zx. still got it, what started me on that is a model in a hobby shop of one. my dads friend found me the car when my dad mentioned i would like one. they thought it would be a phase and id prolly crash. boy werent they wrong. now with my 8 week old little girl, she wont have a chance at not knowing what a datsun is. i gave her a ride already!!

Around 19 or 20 I was a toyota guy like the rest of the world until I fell in love with the nissan 720 single cab. Had to have it,bought it,beat the shit out of it and went to the wrecking yard for body parts. That was when I saw a 521 with flat tires. It looked so damn cool I had to have it. Found one for 300 bucks the next week and forgot what a 720 even was...So officially a 720 but the real true love began with the 521.

for me, it would definitely be a 510. i grew up around them and the earliest one i remember is when i was 4 years old. growing up until i was about 10, my dad drove this 510 as a daily driver. i loved riding around in that car when i was little.

P1000575.jpg

at the same time, he raced a 510 at the local circle track. i would help getting the car prepared for race day and would go to the track early to sit in the stands by myself getting laptimes and radioing in all the times during practice. he sold the car when i was 10 so he could focus on me and my brother starting out kart racing. that was the same year i bought my first datto, my NL320.

P1040064.jpg

My Dad bought a '67 520 and when I started to drive in '68, that was the beginning. My brother and I inherited it and then traded it for a new '71 521. In '73 I saw a blue 620 with eight inch tires and mags while I was in basic training at Fort Ord. That was it! I had to have one and soon as I could, placed and order. I got the blue truck that I still drive every day.

I think it was a new B-210 in '76 that started me noticing Datsuns. I bought a '68 510 a couple of years later (retired it) and 7-8 year old 521 a few years after that. About this time ('80) a friend had an almost new, wrote off 620 he was stripping for the motor for his car. (the L20B eventually went into my 521) I fell hard for the 620 even though it was smashed up. I kept my 521 through '86 but never forgot the wanting of the 620. I owned no Datsun for the next 10 years and a buddy mentioned one, a truck for $75, for carrying firewood. I went over to check it and POW a '78 620! Deal.

• 11 months later...

hell yeah,

for me its hard to say, iv always known of 510s and really liked them, but did'nt ever think i would have a chance at owning one. And iv always had a spot for z's but thought if i was going to own a car that looks like a engine bay with a seat behind it i would just get a 88rx7. I guess it would be my blue 72 620 that i sold. <_< i wasnt crazy about them till i got her, then i found this place and it got ,oh so much worse.