710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ wow you're gonna have a blast doing that! keep us posted...

Yeah it should be a fun journey, this thing is loaded with dealer options from the wheels to the a/c and the vinyl top. As soon as I figure out all the details I want to see when the build is done, then I will start the build thread :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

710.jpg

L18 automatic, 4 door (manual locks and windows? of course they are. that's all there was so why mention them) Tires new but on wrong rims.... can't be lowered. Front positive camber (free) Heater fan works but AC does not. Hose missing, needs R 12 freon recharge which is illegal and needs to be retro fitted to use the new R 134a refrigerant.

For this you pay me $4,500.

Is a 4dr dive-shaft longer than a 2dr hard-top drive-shaft? ... and is the wagon drive-shaft longer than both of those?

Is there any way all the parts off a 2dr hardtop would fit a wagon, and vise versa??? .. i.e. drive-shaft, exhaust, motor swap .. or do wagons have a longer wheel base??

Is a 4dr dive-shaft longer than a 2dr hard-top drive-shaft? ... and is the wagon drive-shaft longer than both of those?

Is there any way all the parts off a 2dr hardtop would fit a wagon, and vise versa??? .. i.e. drive-shaft, exhaust, motor swap .. or do wagons have a longer wheel base??

I'm pretty sure everything is the same, as long as you're not getting parts of of a weird 710 with IRS.

• 1 month later...

All drive shafts between sedans and goons are the same if auto OR standard. The auto driveshaft is about 5.5" shorter.

710driveshaft001Large-1.jpg

• Like 1

Cool, thanks Mike

Have you noticed a difference between 74 front turn signal wiring and 76 wiring? Because I can't plug in 75 front turn signals into a 74 harness. And the front side marker lights don't plug in either. Is this normal?

Every year of the 710 had a different wiring setup.  Half of the wires in my 77 goon are fried, so I'm constantly replacing them.  At first, I just got a random 710 wiring diagram and everything was wrong. 

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/datsun-710-wiring-diagrams.html

• Like 1

These plates #55241-22500 are only used on wagons... 710, 810 and the Maxina.

I can't see any differences between sedan and goon rear axles other than the placement of the E brake lever. Left side on goon and right side on sedan.

The goon leaf springs are different part number, probably an extra leaf? stiffer? Just checked the U bolts are the same for sedan and HT but the goon U bolt is different, again probably slightly longer. I would imagine you could run without that plate.

I was going to use those plates on a 1974 710 coupe, because I thought I needed them, but I guess I'll leave them on my wagon. It doesn't even look like that plate will fit a coupe, with all the brake lines in the way. So the coupes/sedans never came with those?

weird... the 710 wagon U-bolts are thicker, wider diameter, and slightly longer, than the 74 coupe U-bolts:

16342915636_f447de14d2_c.jpg

16183006897_2ee846e4c6_c.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey all...

New to your forums, just wanted to shout out to all the 710 lovers out there.  

My very first car was a 74' 710 4 door sedan (fastback i believe is what they're called, with the large side pillars).  Loved that car so much, I probably took the whole thing (other than engine) apart more than a few times and put it back together.  Other than the trunk it was pretty rust free, and ran like a champ until the heads blew on it and It sat in my parent's garage for a few years before being forced to sell it.  (yes I kick myself every day)  I still ask myself the same question every time I look at a 710...  WHY THE HELL DO I LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH!?!?  I still don't have the answer, but all i can say is that it makes my heart tick a little quicker, and makes me smile like a big goofy 15 year old that saw his first set of real life boobies.  

So, hear is the reason why I'm on this site/forum:  I found another one almost exactly like mine, and that wasn't any small feet either, I've been looking for 10 years now.  But this one is out of mexico and I live in Southern California.  I'm seriously thinking about making an offer on it, but I'm not sure how the transfer stuff works to California.  I've noticed a few of  ya are from SoCal, so I was wondering if you might have any advice for me.

I've had several pictures sent to me, and it looks like the owner is part of a business, but I've heard horror stories about people buying cars from mexico, so I'm a little... nervous.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Phil

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

is that datsun violet sss?

It's called a 160j in mexico, Mine didn't have any designation like that. Just said 1974 Datsun 710 (4 door).  From what I've seen there are a few different types, like the 140j & 160j, as well as they are sometimes called Violets along with the 140j or 160j distinctions.

The link below will show you what mine looked like.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/1974_Datsun_Violet_140J.jpg

• 2 weeks later...